Welcome to our forums.

Do muscle-strengthening exercises twice a week

My regular regime is Pilates twice a week (mainly to help with core strength) followed by an additional hour of gym work. Also like walking when I get the time/opportunity. Like the article says, there are lots of things that involve physical activity e.g. yesterday I cleaned the conservatory roof.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I get out of bed on a morning!
Every day I manage to do this is a good day.
Essex UK

A friend of mine is a Tai Chi teacher and keeps saying that I should take it up. He maybe correct but currently I find that Iyengar Yoga classes several times a week does the job.
Like you Jo, @JoCarroll I wish I were able to walk a lot as I know it is a good way of keeping fit and healthy but my COPD will not allow it.

London

coolonespa wrote:

what do you do to stay fit for your travels?

It’s a tough one – I walk a lot anyway. Next winter – in Ecuador – I’ll be at altitude a lot of the time, so my heart has to work a bit harder just to stroll down the street. On the coast – a little swimming in the sea, offset by a beer or two …

coolonespa wrote:

oolonespa
08:42 12-Sep-19

This is a great story…“senior cheerobics team”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-49595000/age-is-just-a-number-for-senior-cheerobics-team

This may not be for you, but what do you do to stay fit for your travels?

They certainly look as though they are enjoying it, Steve. My regime? I get out of bed on a morning!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

This is a great story…“senior cheerobics team”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-49595000/age-is-just-a-number-for-senior-cheerobics-team

This may not be for you, but what do you do to stay fit for your travels?

Essex UK

I read something recently about someone who did their hoovering with headphones on and rocked around the house to loud music, only to find when they’d finished that they didn’t turn the hoover on Probably a joke rather than true but stuck me as funny.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:58 08-Sep-19

I think most of us do Jo but its nice to see it quantified in some way and the mention of practical things like gardening. Not all exercise involves a gym membership. Will it get a few more people off the couch….who knows

Even housework involves effort that can be classed as exercise so we ladies (not being sexist, but just quoting averages!) do our bit there!

I think most of us do Jo but its nice to see it quantified in some way and the mention of practical things like gardening. Not all exercise involves a gym membership. Will it get a few more people off the couch….who knows.

Essex UK

I saw this, too – I can’t believe most of us don’t know we need to keep moving. And some of us do our best … well, we try.

Yes, I liked that, too, Steve, rather than them trying to fit everyone into a ‘one size fits all’ regime.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one