Welcome to our forums.

What does music do to you?

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
14:27 15-Apr-19

Hardly a day goes by when I don’t hear a tune, song, YouTube clip that doesn’t make an impression. This is my latest which actually features one I mentioned previously. This particular clip reminds me of a recent funeral when I served as part of the ‘Guard of Honour’. It may not appeal to many but the words are so true in the fight to make this a better world and ensure freedom from tyrany. Maybe it means more to me as I had colleagues who didn’t make it home.

I agree, Alan @Fossil – that is so evocative. If only………..

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Hardly a day goes by when I don’t hear a tune, song, YouTube clip that doesn’t make an impression. This is my latest which actually features one I mentioned previously. This particular clip reminds me of a recent funeral when I served as part of the ‘Guard of Honour’. It may not appeal to many but the words are so true in the fight to make this a better world and ensure freedom from tyrany. Maybe it means more to me as I had colleagues who didn’t make it home.

London

(Sorry only just caught up with this thread).

Fossil wrote:

The first record that I really remember and I still listen to is Diana by Paul Anka

That was the first record I bought!

Any piece of music which gives me goosebumps has the thumbs up. Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis, Hans Zimmer’s Now We are Free and Rodrigo’s Aranjuez Ma Pensee to name but a few.

I feel like I come most alive inside myself when I am listening to music that I love. Likewise, I feel like I am tolerating life and tolerating existing at all when I am listening to music that I don’t prefer.

Glad you liked that.

Going back to the original theme…..What does music do to you……I like to play music when I’m in the kitchen. Playing up tempo music of any era just tends to put a spring in my step & add extra enjoyment to whipping up some ingredients into a decent meal. One of my favourites at the moment is below. Very simple & it makes me smile that, whilst we may have sung about the summer of 69, modern artists are lauding the summer of 2002….time stops for no man (or person of course)

Can’t say I like the video much, so I’d suggest you close your eyes/blank your screen & just listen to it.

Essex UK

Really enjoyed that, Steve!

This is lovely, Steve- thank you!

One of the most popular songs on the Re-imagined version is A Million Dreams by Pink but YouTube have a lovely heart warming video where she gets her daughter to sing the reprise

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:05 23-Jan-19

The Greatest Showman is a truly entertaining & inspirational musical. Great film that has a superb soundtrack with inspirational songs about dreams coming true, being yourself, writing your own destiny. The soundtrack has proven so popular that it has been reimagined with other artists singing the songs. Even the Grandchildren love it and want to sing along to it in the car (a massive relief from the repetitive drone of Peppa Pig I can tell you).

Link to the film trailer but there’s loads of links to the individual songs on YouTube

Looks good, @coolonespa – hope it’s on the Play List of my next long-haul flight, as that’s the only change I get
to see films!

The Greatest Showman is a truly entertaining & inspirational musical. Great film that has a superb soundtrack with inspirational songs about dreams coming true, being yourself, writing your own destiny. The soundtrack has proven so popular that it has been reimagined with other artists singing the songs. Even the Grandchildren love it and want to sing along to it in the car (a massive relief from the repetitive drone of Peppa Pig I can tell you).

Link to the film trailer but there’s loads of links to the individual songs on YouTube

Essex UK
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message