Welcome to our forums.

Talking to your Barber,

Fossil wrote:

At my local hairdressers the owner rents out the chairs and one is rented by a lady who has cut my hair on several occasions and I have to say she is excellent.

When this new guy opens that will be the fourth gentleman’s barber shop in our village. The three others are all run and staffed by women: hence the reason I have peddled to Gosport for the last 5 or so years.

Solent_Richard wrote:

Here at Lee on the Solent we actually have three ‘Gents’ barbers but I avoid them all because they are all women operated.

At my local hairdressers the owner rents out the chairs and one is rented by a lady who has cut my hair on several occasions and I have to say she is excellent.

London

Hopefully I will be able to report on the new barber sometime next week.

I noticed that the signwriters were busy yesterday.

I don’t kid with my appearance, a man has got too look sharp you know . I’ve had just one barber for the last 10 + years. He is a good lad who is always happy to see me. We do chat a bit while he’s at it, with him asking questions and me giving him some wisdom that comes along with age. We talk about a lot of things like his girl issues, kind of friends he keeps, how to get along with his dad etc. I get to learn what’s happening around the neighborhood from him. He makes going for a haircut a wholesome activity, something I have come to look forward to overtime.

There’s a new kid coming to the block.

As part of my fitness regime I get on my bike whenever I need a haircut and, as previously commented, I have a great rapport with the Kurdish barbers in Gosport.

Here at Lee on the Solent we actually have three ‘Gents’ barbers but I avoid them all because they are all women operated.

However, while walking for my daily newspaper yesterday morning I was interested to see that a notification had been scrawled on the window of a seafront shop that has been empty for months…

Looks like I’ll have to brush up on my Turkish.

Günaydın, kısa arka ve yan lütfen

Fossil wrote:

Solent_Richard wrote:
A pensioners’ cut is now £7.00.
Is that all you pay!! I don’t know Gosport personally but that’s cheap.

A few weeks ago in Fareham Shopping Mall it was only £6.00 for pensioners.

Roughly the same peddling distance for me but I do enjoy my banter with the Kurdish boys.

Not as cheap as GW’s at £4.50 Alan……

Bedford

Solent_Richard wrote:

A pensioners’ cut is now £7.00.

Is that all you pay!! I don’t know Gosport personally but that’s cheap.

London

I’ve not spent a penny at the barbers in the last 30 years, my good lady is a dab hand with the garden shears…..

Bedford

@Solent_Richard I’m not sure if it’s my naturally magnanimous and benevolent Yorkshire nature, but my monthly haircut has been frozen at £4.50 ever since I lived here, to which I always add a handsome 50p as a tip, rounding it up to a whole fiver, each and every time, as I strut and swagger proudly out of the salon, freshly sheared, safe in the knowledge that my barber is saying ( albeit under his breath to minimise his natural embarassment. ).“there he goes, that’s him, the philanthropist of West Yorkshire, not afraid to put his money where his short back and sides are…what a kind, great and generous man”.

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 06 Jun 09:27
Wakefield, West Yorks.
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message