Welcome to our forums.

Moving House

Looks like you’re getting there, @applegroupie – hurrah!

Great news! Talk Talk is coming round to install our landline and internet this Friday, 13th – say no more!

Good news, @applegroupie

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

JoCarroll wrote:

you have got a lot on your plate (I hope that includes cake!)

Not allowed cake as I am borderline diabetic but I have been off the wagon multiple times in recent weeks!

A bit of good news – Openreach finally unblocked and installed cable in our road on Friday. Now waiting for Talk Talk to confirm when they are coming to connect our landline and internet.

Heck, you have got a lot on your plate (I hope that includes cake!)

@JoCarroll I could contact the BBC’s Watchdog programme. However, I have too much going on at the minute with an insurance claim and trying to get a refund for overpaid stamp duty from our solicitors.

I shall wait for my next Openreach update then decide what to do next.

This is bonkers @applegroupie – I wonder if writing to one of the natioral newspapers who run a consumer page might help – I know the Guardian have one every Saturday. It’s astonishing how quickly things are sorted when companies are faced with publicity.

JoCarroll wrote:

Who do you complain to – Openreach or your internet provider?)

We have complained to both. Once a month Openreach gives us an update via email and each time they moved the installation date. Apparently, there is a blockage in the street caused by one of the utilites doing some remedial work and they have been wrangling as to who is responsible for the repair.

TalkTalk is our internet provider but they cannot connect our landline/internet connection until Openreach has laid the cable.

We can’t complain to Ofcom either. They are only for businesses, not individual households.

It certainly sounds bonkers, @applegroupie (I get my internet via John Lewis, and they were brilliant when I moved, got Openreach out within a few days – but I didn’t need cables. Who do you complain to – Openreach or your internet provider?)

Are Open Reach the only people allowed to lay this copper?
Is it time to look for another company?
Virgin seem to be laying fibre optic cable in some areas.

Sign in to add your message