Welcome to our forums.

got that tks Fossil – just tried it and now see that it works … it was a ‘man thing’ – like not being able to see the butter in the fridge …

Dumfries

HMJ wrote:

Like @Ian.Waugh I’ve posted a couple of times just recently but only be because it was something that interested me or I had the time. The ST mafia have not got to me . . . . !!

I prefer to let my travelling do the talking on here.

Always happy to post early morning before breakfast is served at Solent Towers.

Usually, weather permitting, my days are rather full out and about, and away from pan-galactic digital highway.

Hi @Ian.Waugh
If you click on ‘Forum’ and enter the main forum as you say, then click on latest threads it will show the latest threads, those that you have not read are marked ‘New’ in blue and the extreme right hand column gives who posted the latest and when.
Hope this helps.
Fossil

London

As always, I only post if I think Ihave something of interest to say, or to comment on someone else’s post if I feel it warrants it.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Hi Fossil … just a thought, but it’s easy to get into new forum posts using the four most recent on the ST home page, but if we click instead on the ‘forum’ menu bar and get into the forum proper, there’s a list of topics but it doesn’t show recent posts (like on the home page) for each topic .. if such could be shown (when in the forum itself – for each topic) then those of us who are not daily visitors might well see something we’d otherwise have missed?
BRs
Ian

Dumfries

Like @Ian.Waugh I’ve posted a couple of times just recently but only be because it was something that interested me or I had the time. The ST mafia have not got to me . . . . !!

No one exhorted anyone @pink. As has been said before we had members on holiday whilst others often read but don’t post unless they see something that personally interests them.
As someone who like others wishes to see the forum continue to grow I am still looking forward to seeing your ideas that will take the forum even further.
Could I ask, why the different alias’, personally I don’t see the logic, am I missing something.

London

Hi Pink … have put a few up myself recently, but wasn’t exhorted by anyone lol … just that I got back onto the live site after a bit of an absence and saw something on the ‘home’ page ‘new forum posts’ list that caught my eye … in the past I’ve clicked on ‘forums’ and got into the main list, which doesn’t really show recent posts without a search, and I’ve tended to give up rather easily in there – whereas if someone goes into the main site home page regulalry (daily? as I happened to have done over the past few days) you see the latest (forum) posts on the home page, which I find much easier to use …

Dumfries

congratulations to whoever has exhorted members to write a few extra posts. i hope those you’ve roped in will be able to keep up their new levels of posting, and that “whoever” will be poised to call on them again next time the forum founders, without the need for someone to stir them to action.
i’d love to know why you were apparently so frightened by the prospect, but at the risk of more talk of conspiracy i won’t ask!
i also won’t bother you with apparently unwanted ideas of something new and/or exciting.

London
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message