Welcome to our forums.

How will the Budget affect you?

Might be while before you get a response coolonespa, he left for a 7 day cruise yesterday, thats assuming it was fossil 1 you were refering to….

He will back on the 5th April.

Thanks but it was actually jimorourke it was aimed at & his legal aid comments.

Essex UK

Might be while before you get a response coolonespa, he left for a 7 day cruise yesterday, thats assuming it was fossil 1 you were refering to….

He will back on the 5th April.

Bedford
How will the Budget affect you? Are you better off or poorer. Am I as a poor pensioner paying for the tax cuts for the mega rich?

Pensioners will find it much more difficult to access Legal Aid because the government has lowered the income level at which people qualify for legal aid. This affects such things as welfare rights, advocacy at social security tribunals. I don’t know why this was not mentioned in the budget as its a cut in help that pensioners may need.

Thanks for bringing this up, I knew nothing about this. Did you red a summary of the changes on a site you could direct me to please?

Essex UK
How will the Budget affect you? Are you better off or poorer. Am I as a poor pensioner paying for the tax cuts for the mega rich?

Pensioners will find it much more difficult to access Legal Aid because the government has lowered the income level at which people qualify for legal aid. This affects such things as welfare rights, advocacy at social security tribunals. I don’t know why this was not mentioned in the budget as its a cut in help that pensioners may need.

Why do the politicians not lead by example and implement austerity measures in their own salaries and pension arrangements? Why do pensioners have to contribute towards expenses for millionaire politicians?

From the summary I have read it looks pretty neutral to me. I get some stuff with one hand & it gets taken away with the other.

Essex UK

I am still trying to separate the reality from the politics. The fact is that we are still in an economic slump and it is not going to get better quickly. What no-one has said to my knowledge is that the standstill in pension benefits is just part of coping with the costs associated with increasing longevity of us all – we have to accept higher retirement age and reducing pensions for the joys of living longer…..! So there will be lots more Silver Travellers but probably with a bit less to spend.

London
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message