Welcome to our forums.

Laundry eggs

10 Posts

applegroupie wrote:

I will get some from Robert Dyas next time I am in the High Street.

…and do let us know how you get on with them.

ESW
Scunthorpe

ESW wrote:

I’vew been using laundry eggs for many years now and like them

On that recommendation I think I will get some from Robert Dyas next time I am in the High Street.

Unfortunately we don’t have a Robert Dyas near us. There was a branch near where mother in law lived and I alays enjoyed going in thereti have a look and and usually came out with something. In the past I’ve bought them from Lakeland Ltd, but the last time they only had perfumed balls, so I bought off Amazon.

ESW
Scunthorpe

Welcome back from your holiday @ESW where do you buy your laundry eggs? Have you tried the ones from Robert Dyas?

Last Edited by applegroupie at 31 Mar 19:05

A belated response as I’ve been away on holiay.

I’vew been using laundry eggs for many years now and like them. I too found some detergents upset my skin. These never do. I have found that they work well unless the laundry is very soiled (eg collars) or has grease stains. I then use either a laundry spray or stick on these areas and it usually helps.

The balls also last a long time – usually for loads more washes than estimated. I use the short washing cycle which cuts down on the number of rinses (not needed as you don’t need to rinse out detergent) which reduces time and also water usage. Most are unperfumed although you can get perfumed ones.

Its a win win situation as far as I’m concerned.

ESW
Scunthorpe

Thank you for all your replies. I think I have now talked myself out of buying one after reading reviews!

@littlebob I have seen these Eco eggs for sale in Robert Dyas and have often wondered how they clean without detergent!!! If you go to QVC’s website you can see quite a few reviews from people who have bought this product.

http://www.qvcuk.com/qvc.product.830843.html?sc=BazaarVoice

If you do decide to try these laundry eggs I would be most interested to find out if they do work and would appreciate your feedback.

Hi @littlebob welcome to the forum. Have to admit that I have never heard of a laundry egg so unable to assist.

London

Welcome to the forum.

You might be asking the wrong people. We’re all travellers, so are much more interested in people and places than we are in washing!

Hello, I’m new to this forum.
I’m thinking of buying one of those laundry eggs, like the ecoegg.
Does anyone have any experience of using these please?
I have very sensitive skin.
Do they wash as well as the usual products and are they a great money saving item?
Thank you for any thoughts.

lb

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message