Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

Question: Although Anderson has been good in the past is it time for him to move over for younger bowlers. He is 37 years of age now, has had a great career, even had one end of Old Trafford named after him, but a time comes when you retire gracefully being remembered for what you were.

London

JoCarroll wrote:

he’s been far too good to just slip into the shadows.

Totally agree Jo. I think the big issue is his fitness. Is he a liability to have in the side because he could break down at any time & leave us short as he did in the first test (no blame on him, it all looked good going into the Test).

With Archer’s performance yesterday and him seeming to be the darling of the crowds, he’s going to be hard to displace now.

Essex UK

Oh – the Anderson question! I think a lot depends on how he bowls in a county game. He’s still a magnificent bowler (and has a great record against the Aussies). And a lot depends on how he feels about it – one day he might wake up and know it’s time to call it a day at test level. Having said that, I really hope he has some sort of send-off – he’s been far too good to just slip into the shadows.

Do you think Anderson will ever make it back into the side, or has Archer’s performance effectively put an end to his Test career?

Essex UK

Well, what a game! Roll on Headingly!

What a shame we lost those first 10 hours to rain yesterday, we could well have taken a thrilling victory.

Fossil wrote:

Tuffers is calling it a ‘Winning Draw’

A good way to put it Tuffers. Certainly a better performance than the first test.

Essex UK

Turned out to be an exciting game. Tuffers is calling it a ‘Winning Draw’

London

Fossil wrote:

Don’t hold your breath Steve. We have been here before, many times.

Can’t help holding my breath – will be astonished if we actually win it, but we could still fold like a pack of cards and lose!

Don’t hold your breath Steve. We have been here before, many times.

London

coolonespa wrote:

but Smith was in

Well that’s one way to get him out!

Set up for quite a thrilling conclusion today if we can score some quick runs and get some quick wickets….everything crossed.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message