Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

I thought I’d share something I found out this week.

Most of the cricket involving the Indian national team and a lot more Indian cricket beside is covered on a channel called Star Gold. Access in only via sky or Virgin Media.

On Sky, Star Gold UK is on channel 729 and is available to all with a standard package.

Whilst Virgin Media customers should head to channel 801 – but you will have to have purchased the Asian Mela pack which is £12/month.

Essex UK

JoCarroll wrote:

Meanwhile – the women are going rather well!!

That’s right, quite a comfortable victory and 2 centurions in Wyatt and Beaumont (men take note).

Essex UK

I feel for Anderson – he should probably retire, but needs a send-off as impressive as Cook’s.

Meanwhile – the women are going rather well!!

Anderson in the squad for South Africa?

Not sure if that’s not a huge mistake. Will he be able to bowl more than 3 overs this time before he breaks down?

Essex UK

JoCarroll wrote:

Even Archer laughed!

I liked that, seemed to be a good omen for the spirit in the team.

Essex UK

Haven’t actually seen the dropped catch, Steve, only heard the commentary. But it happens – and it didn’t change the result. Even Archer laughed!

Next stop – South Africa. We need to learn some lessons there.

Disappointing but inevitable. Hopefully we’ll do better in South Africa.

How did he drop that catch!!!!!!!!!!

Essex UK

Yep a good double century from Root but I agree the rain makes a draw the most likely result.

Essex UK

That’s better … though the rain might be the winner in this game. But at lease we’re not batting shamefully and Root and Burns have done well.

He’s doing pretty well at the moment. Hopefully he can find a partner to stay with him for a really big score that at least puts us level before we start the second innings. Burns did well, shame Stokes didn’t deliver but we can’t always look to him to produce the extraordinary.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message