Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

JoCarroll wrote:

Surely it depends on the offence?

Sorry Joe, in my book anyone with a criminal record is not fit to be a ‘Lord of the Realm’.

London

Fossil wrote:

Should a person with a criminal record receive a knighthood!!

Surely it depends on the offence?

As far as Boycott is concerned, its his lack of remorse that I object to. His dismissal of any suggestion that he has caused distress, or – as he still insists he is innocent – even though there were photographs and a court found him guilty and gave him a suspended prison sentence – he could have shown significantly more understand of the impact of domestic abuse, particularly on women. Something along the lines of continuing to dispute the Court’s judgement and regretting the distress this has caused to women etc etc would have gone down better. Just saying he didn’t give a toss – that’s the bit that’s truly offensive.

Lets rename it the “Muppet Show” because that’s what they played like, a load of muppets.

On another theme I see there are calls to strip Boycott of his knighthood. Should a person with a criminal record receive a knighthood!!

London

JoCarroll wrote:

Oh well, we must find some magic at the Oval.

Yes please

Essex UK

The only consolation – we played our hearts out yesterday – test cricket as it should be played.

It would be easier to swallow if the Australians weren’t quite so arrogant about it. We lost Anderson after four overs of the first game – a huge loss. They were saved by the rain at Lords – and couldn’t capitalise on our dreadful first innings in the last game. The big difference is Smith – and, brilliant though he may be, he’s hard to like as a man.

Oh well, we must find some magic at the Oval.

Well there it is the Ashes are gone. To be fair we have been on the back foot all summer & it seemed like it was only a matter of time. Although its a team sport Smith was probably the difference. Having someone who can be pretty much guaranteed to add 300 runs over the course of a match. Been some interesting contests though & it was good for cricket when they last the full 5 days.

Essex UK

I don’t think they’ve played to their potential so far in this match & it will be an impressive feat to bat out the day with only 8 wickets left.

Essex UK

What do we do about Smith – holding our catches is a start.

But now we need to bat forever – Stokes to the rescue again??

and fielders who can field…those dropped catches were costly.

Essex UK

What do we do about Smith?
Get some decent bowlers.

London
Sign in to add your message