Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

England are so strange. I’m delighted that they made 400 but when we aspire to be up there with the best we can’t let the tail tumble & let 6 wickets fall for 35 in 51 balls.

Fortunately I did manage to get back to sleep thanks, so just catching up now.

Essex UK

Well, Steve – we made it to 400 (just), and all looking good … and then Smith came in … so I hope you made it back to sleep and missed the final session.

That was quite a decent score in the end & thank goodness one of our batsmen turned a decent start into significant score.

This morning I’m full of cold, restless & struggling to sleep I’m up waiting for play to start at 2:30am. Dare I wish for the boys to push on to 400 or even 500 & put the aussies under real pressure. Certainly help me forget about this cold.

Essex UK

@Fossil – probably means good rapport between bowler and wicket keeper, so keeper knows what bowler trying to do.

But Malan and Bairstow steadying things as I write this … just hope they can hang in there.

3 batsmen caught by the the same person, the wicket keeper, does this indicate a batting problem or just excellent bowling by the Aussies!!

London

Mmmmm interestingly poised….please don’t collapse England.

Essex UK

Indeed it has, Steve … but somehow I keep on hoping!

JoCarroll wrote:

now we just need them to do it all the time!

and there you have it. Read back to our posts many, many weeks ago & we said that inconsistency was going to bite them…..& it has.

Essex UK

DavidT wrote:

England losing to the Aussies is even worse when you have a brother who has lived over there for 30 years and likes to rub it in whenever he can!

I know that feeling David. Have friends of nearly 60 years who emigrated to Perth 40 years ago and love to rub it in, not just about cricket but sometimes Rugby although the boots been on the other foot with that recently.

London

England losing to the Aussies is even worse when you have a brother who has lived over there for 30 years and likes to rub it in whenever he can!

Sign in to add your message