Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

Press on to victory today boys. The NewZealanders on the ship are rooting for you too

Essex UK

Today I shall stop pretending to do anything else, and go for a long walk with my little radio and listen to TMS.

Good to be on top at this stage, the Aussies are very quiet on board. An exciting days sport ahead as we sail into Nurenberg.

Essex UK

Derek-Andrews wrote:

Keep it up guys. Tight bowling on this wicket is key.

Tomorrow will be a fascinating day. Boycott reckons we won today – but it all looks a bit nip and tuck to me.

Keep it up guys. Tight bowling on this wicket is key.

Never understood cricket. Never shall. Never will. Or rugby. Or football. Or tennis. Or golf. Or…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Thank you For your first posts @Derek-Andrews and a warm welcome to the forum. A good start yesterday and I’m begging Cook and Co. To do well because we have a large amount of Austrailians on board. So I’ll be taking a serious amount of stick if we don’t perform.

Essex UK

The wicket is slow to reduce impact of Starc and Johnson. So agree it will be very hard to bowl Australia out. The weather looks set good for a few days. You never know!

Derek-Andrews wrote:

Derek-Andrews 19:09 08-Jul-15 #05
Great day for Mr Root. Let’s see how many more runs Messrs Broad and Ali can squeeze out tomorrow. Nothing better than the Ashes. Also roll on Lords, if the wicket is the same quality as the NZ test we will be in for a treat. Will be there for all 5 days.

Oh you lucky man, going to Lords – I went a couple of years ago, couldn’t get a ticket this year.

But today should be good in Cardiff. (Though a flat pitch and sunshine – we will need to bowl and catch better than they did to make the most of our innings.)

Great day for Mr Root. Let’s see how many more runs Messrs Broad and Ali can squeeze out tomorrow. Nothing better than the Ashes. Also roll on Lords, if the wicket is the same quality as the NZ test we will be in for a treat. Will be there for all 5 days.

Sign in to add your message