Welcome to our forums.

Am I the only person here into cricket?

A belated well done to England for wrapping up the test series with SA, nice to get an overseas series victory for a change.

The ladies are also doing quite well in the T20 Sri-series, with victory over India yesterday.

Hopefully they can push on and win the World Cup that comes at the end of this series and the men can fight back from their initial loss in the one day series.

Essex UK

Well done England, continuing the demolition of SA with an early wicket

Essex UK

A rousing thrashing of the South African Test side, well done England! Do I smell an overseas tour victory?

Essex UK

Shame that some of those who got into the 20/30s didn’t press on to a bigger innings but hopefully Stokes and Pope can press on and establish a big first innings lead. The rain isn’t helping though.

Essex UK

England are in a strong position for the final day of the test, lets hope they can translate that into a win to draw the series.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

A bit of an irony this morning that the news is full of England cricketers receiving their honours in the New Years list, whilst at the same time they are orchestrating an all too familiar batting collapse.

It says what many have said about the ‘Honours List’. I tried to get a person an award several years ago for their services of over 50 years to charity and though it was backed by our local MP it got no where yet a highly paid person in the employ of the charity got an award. I rest my case.

London

On the back foot again, can we turn this around?

Essex UK

A bit of an irony this morning that the news is full of England cricketers receiving their honours in the New Years list, whilst at the same time they are orchestrating an all too familiar batting collapse.

Essex UK

A bit of fun on BBC Sport, “ Pick your England Test team of the decade”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50821752

Here’s my attempt. Pretty straight forward but I struggled with Monty vs. Swanny. Monty would be great if I needed someone to hold up an end cheaply but not a proficient wicket taker. Swan was a more effective strike bowler and was probably a good morale booster in the dressing room.

Essex UK

Which is fine for people who pay for their TV viewing – but I watch so little I’m very happy with Freeview and TMS. (If I had a long term condition which made getting out and about difficult, I’d rethink this!)

1112 Posts
Sign in to add your message