Welcome to our forums.

Vote for your favourite wild flower

I voted for the robin, even though I have to put up with their fighting all winter. They’ve even learnt how to hover over the fish pond and swipe the fish food from the surface. But they’re such an enormous presence in the garden.
I had to explain that our robin is a finch-type bird to some Americans who’d had my Christmas card complete with robin….the American “robin” is a thrush, as seen in Disney’s Mary Poppins.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

For once, Grey Wolf, we can be reasonably sure the answer isn’t Weatherspoons …

They’ve done something similar with birds trying to get one as the national emblem as in USA with the American Eagle. Apparently the Robin got 1st place, Blackbird no. 3 . Forgotten who came second.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Well I missed the vote but I am pleased my favourite the Blue Bell won!

North Northumberland

For once I am in the majority. Yeees.

London

Boo ! I wanted Nasturtiums to win !!

Wakefield, West Yorks.

The results are now in. The Bluebell wins for England with the Primrose for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

ESW
Lincolnshire

The Blue Bell. It tells me spring and warm weather has arrived.

London

Strange isn’t it how the regions vary. My daft were a real no show a couple of years ago but this year have provided so much brightness to a really dull period of weather.

Essex UK

I’ve voted for the wild daffodil. The hundreds of cultivated ones in this garden have made a very poor show this spring, but down by the river there they are, the little wild ones, backed by primroses. Across the river, on NT land which is untouched all year, the banks are covered with the little wild beauties.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message