Welcome to our forums.

Proud Grandad or what!!

Thank you pink and Eleanor, I will pass on your good wishes when I see her tomorrow.

The operation went well yesterday although the opp took much longer than expected, around three hours.

She is back home now.

Bedford

Oh David, what a disappointment for you all. I hope the operation has gone well today and she isn’t in too much pain. All fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. I can imagine her team mates will miss her too.

ESW
Lincolnshire

what a cruel thing to happen ~ really unfair. please pass on huge sympathies, and i hope the healing goes well and speedily.
also luck to “team hallie” … trying to keep her entertained and cheerful in the meantime.

More of a sad grandad today. Hallie broke a bone in her foot the other day and has had to have an operation today to have the bone put back into place and pinned.

Unfortunately there will be no more in the way of training for at least 12 weeks, which probably means she will be dropped from the GB team until she can prove that she is fit enough to perform to the required standard again.

If there was a crying smiley it would be here, and it would be me crying along with the rest of the family.

Bedford

SA-Takkies wrote:

Those lights do my head in…but what a performance from the girls, especially Hallie :) Congrats to her and proud grandad!!!

Thank you very much, we are all very proud of her, she has worked hard since the age of 4 (now 14) for a minimum 3 hours 6 days a week, but she loves it so all credit to her for her dedication….@SA-Takkies

Bedford

Those lights do my head in…but what a performance from the girls, especially Hallie :) Congrats to her and proud grandad!!!

Barrowman wrote:

I was a nervous wreck

was that the problem with the video? you were shaking so badly you couldn’t hold the camera still, lol

luckily some parts of the video were just about good enough to see some of the progress hallie’s been making since the last one you posted, so a huge well done to her ~ and her family/team of supporters

coolonespa wrote:

The backward somersault on the beam scared me to death.

I know what you mean, I went to watch her a few times but I had to stop going – I was a nervous wreck by the end of the day. Watching gymnastics on the TV or on video I’m fine with but live I just couldn’t stand it……

Bedford

Loved watching these videos, can’t begin to think of the hard work and dedication that went into reaching that level of performance. The backward somersault on the beam scared me to death. What a star.

Essex UK

PamWNorth wrote:

PamWNorth 09:24 27-Apr-17 #55
This is fantastic news, Well done Hallie, what a star, you have every right to be very proud!

Thank you Pam, much appreciated….

David

Bedford
Sign in to add your message