Welcome to our forums.

What are you having for dinner today?

Thanks for that @BigDreamer great information.

London

it’s me again. I just wanted to say if anyone is going to be on their own for Christmas Day, and doesn’t want to be, please go to the following website and see if there is anything in your area.going on.
http://www.greatgettogether.org/ and sign up to their facebook page ‘MoreinCommon’ where you will find details of local community events going on. Or if you don’t fancy doing Facebook then have a look at this site : https://communitychristmas.org.uk/. You can search for events happening in your area, by popping in your postcode. Good luck and do it, don’t spend Christmas on your own.

I had a hearty laugh when I read the heading for this topic. What are you having for dinner today ? As a singleton, I often ask myself this question usually mid morning, when I have a ‘naughty but nice’ treat with my coffee. Sometimes I go to a lot of trouble and other times I don’t, so tonight it will be a breast of chicken stir fry, followed by a small chunk of Christmas pud with Vanilla Ice Cream. Sorry I love Christmas pudding, and so I can’t wait until the 25th.

Porking of peppered chops, appling of sauce, aldente of cauliflower, honeying of carrots, snipping of parsnips.

Little Battenburgs.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Fossil wrote:

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Lamb shank, potatoes, carrots, peas and cauli. Fresh fruit salad.

Can I come to dinner

You are very welcome anytime, Alan @Fossil – and I’ll even have the Rose ready!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Can I come to dinner

London

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

It’s Monday so out to our local curry house. Not sure what it will be but it will definitely be accompanied by some Rosé wine.

London

Going posh tonight, having Waitrose’s cod in parsley sauce fishcakes instead of our usual from Lidl, with a jacket potato and salad on the side.

Black grapes for dessert.

Grey-Wolf wrote:

Wetherspoons tend to do is sell off cheap whatever they’ve bought a surplus of, a few days later)

Used to like Wetherspoons steak night on Tuesdays until we started to buy fillet steak from Lidl, £7.89 for pack of 2. Now we stay in and cook our own with salad and jacket potatoes.

Sign in to add your message