Welcome to our forums.

What are you having for dinner today?

Chicken Kavarma.

London

As it is uncharacteristically cloudy, and consequently that bit cooler today, I’ve changed my mind
about doing a 3 cheese saald, and instead will have braised liver and mash, with lashings of onion
gravy accompanied by peas, carrots and cauli.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Smoked Haddock for us today.

Essex UK

ladyoflarkspur wrote:

Our restaurants are opening up and we went to an Italian place about two towns over. It was such a DELIGHT to get out of the house. The restaurant was only open half the restaurant, and of that half, every other table was usable. It made for a very quiet dinner with no one around us, but the service was GREAT and you could tell they were grateful for the business. :)

Glad you were able to get out to a restaurant @ladyoflarkspur all ours are still closed. We used to eat out about twice a week and after 12 weeks of lock down we are really missing it. When they do open I suspect there will be waiting lists for several weeks ahead.

London

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

they couldn’t give us written menus

Restaurants need to be updating their web site with the menu, so that customers can look at the menu on their own phone. This won’t work for everyone of course but would help a lot of people.

Essex UK

ladyoflarkspur wrote:

adyoflarkspur
06:58 07-Jun-20

Our restaurants are opening up and we went to an Italian place about two towns over. It was such a DELIGHT to get out of the house. The restaurant was only open half the restaurant, and of that half, every other table was usable. It made for a very quiet dinner with no one around us, but the service was GREAT and you could tell they were grateful for the business. :)

I know how you feel, @ladyoflarkspur – yesterday we went out for our very first meal in over 3 months, and
thoroughly enjoyed something I hadn’t cooked myself. Our place, like you mentioned, was only operating
at 30% capacity, and as they couldn’t give us written menus, it was difficult to hear the choice options (which
were obviously given in Spanish) throughthe muffling of their masks, but we managed!

Good one Gill (Once I’d translated it)

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Going traditional today and having Toad in the Hole. Not sure if I’ll be trusted to make the Yorkshire. Probably not a good time for me to experiment when a culinary slip up could mean an extra trip to the supermarket

You almost definitely won’t do it right, Steve, as you’re a ‘foreigner’!

YORKSHIRE PUDDING (not sure of author)

Somebody just told me that the recipe for OUR Yorkshires cem From Normandy,that’s Normandy en France!
That was a bit of a blow. Seems it’s similar to their crepes – Their skinny little pan-cakes that they fold ovver
to mek em sommat reasonable. Fill em wi jam and sell from a van. NAY COOM ON – that can’t be reet.
It’s obvious we tekken this job tiv an art form. T’foundation of Yorkshire family life yo sit down on a Sunday, in
front of them beautiful buttercups, Four-square on thee plate. Fill em wi gravy, then tek a moment ti meditate.
Cos,when you brek sides and gravy spills ovver it’ – like when you were a kid, pulling a branch out t’ beck, flooding.

Like running pell-mell out of t’ school when bell went. And anither thing, you et em fust, separate – times were
hard, you didn’t get mich meat. That way they could last, have em cawd on Monday – If you were lucky and they
had’nt been pinched on Sunday night. Some folk like to em to have treacle ont -which is a bit like the French job.
But Tate and Lyle is hardly “confiture”.

Naw,when a man’s abroad, been foreign like. Had plenty Chinese and a curry or two. T’Last thing he wants is
a flimsy froggie frappe. He wants a Yorkshire And when he’s got outside em, ‘e know he’s YAM.

Going traditional today and having Toad in the Hole. Not sure if I’ll be trusted to make the Yorkshire. Probably not a good time for me to experiment when a culinary slip up could mean an extra trip to the supermarket

Essex UK
1091 Posts
Sign in to add your message