Welcome to our forums.

Valentines day

My husband and I always send a card to each other at Valentine’s but we don’t buy presents or flowers. We normally celebrate Valentine’s with a nice meal in together.

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
10:00 14-Feb-20

Perhaps Valentines Day should be renamed as ‘Money Making Day’ for those who sell items connected with this day. Have you seen the cost of Roses

Mammon raises it’s ugly head again!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Perhaps Valentines Day should be renamed as ‘Money Making Day’ for those who sell items connected with this day. Have you seen the cost of Roses

London

I have been to some of those on the list but not on Valentine’s Day

Essex UK

Maybe not the what but the where. Cuddly animals, star gazing, swingers parties. Lonely Planet offers ten Valentine’s Day destinations for every kind of romantic

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/ten-valentines-day-destinations-for-every-kind-of-romantic

Last Edited by GreyWolf at 12 Feb 11:28

Anyone who has ever smelt a durian fruit will know that its as likely to increase your libido as a smack in the face with a wet kipper They’re banned from most public transport in Malaysia because they smell so bad.

Essex UK

Valentine’s day: Chocolates, Champagne, Roses, Garfield Cats…what’s your Cupid’s Bow weapon of choice…Lonely Planet offer some alternatives from around the world below:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/aphrodisiacs-from-around-the-world

Last Edited by GreyWolf at 11 Feb 12:23

Thanks Eleanor, I hope you 2 had a great day. I got Linda a Kindle Paperwhite but organised an in house treasure hunt for her to find it. Great fun.

Last Edited by unknown at 25 Jan 17:00
Essex UK

Oh, I have a cunning plan for that, E…..I saved last year’s card from him! And he’d nipped into Age Concern for a couple of soft toys for our collie to shake- and found a teddy with a love heart on!!!
FOR ME!!!!……don’t know whether it’s to shake or not.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
Thank you Eleanor. Lovely sentiment. No nothing special. I don’t need Valentines Day to do something special with Pat. The fact that she is with me makes every day special.

That’s nice thing to say Alan……..

And a happy Valentines day to everyone else whatever your doing – or not doing as the case may be………

Personally I never got a single card this year
-————————————————————————————

Last Edited by unknown at 25 Jan 16:56
Bedford
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message