Welcome to our forums.

What are you up to today.......

Doing woodwork repairs on the fence this morning, Lunch while watching the news then rubbing down and undercoating cloakroom door this afternoon – Dinner – now I’m on here…..and watching Discovery channel at the same time……

Bedford

Work today then out for an Italian tonight, quite fancy a nice Carbonara, salivating already.
Then home for an early night.

Bedfordshire

Hired a guide & car to take us round the island & give us the inside track on Lankawi. Great guide & magnificent Jaguar XF.
Back in time for happy hour (becoming a habit)
Dinner at the local Italian

Essex UK

Mega cleaning blitz on my apartment for flat inspection, will be like a palace when I’ve done. Occasional breaks watching replays of JFK assassination bulletins 50th anniversary spesh edish box set, some song compositions, sofa sat wistful poetical outbursts on freshly laundered cream duvet throw and fabric conditioned Persian elephant cushion covers, interspersed with dusting and vaccuming till the early hours. Will be incorporating many silver Traveller Household Top Tips , scrubbing, singing. attending to practicalities w__h__ilst trying to allude to the higher metaphysical of not merely house but a home a Vista … as Shangri Lah. A Bohemian Nirvana dripping with poetry and Domestos and Derek Bowie’s new album as I wrestle with the vaccuum cleaner, with Byron, with Bowie and with myself.

Pork shoulder steaks Lord Lambourne Apple Sauce, boiling of greeeeen beans, creamy fluffy peppery mashed potato, knob of butter. Blueberry yoghurt, JFK.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Catching up on articles for two magazines for which my deadline is Friday.

London

A bit of a lie in & then breakfast at The Danna Hotel In Lankawi.
Took a taxi to the skycab, a cable car ride up the maintain for great views over Lankawi & the Andeman Sea.
Walked around the village based near the cable car ride
Back to the hotel for a lounge by the pool & a spot of reading
A cocktail during happy hour before getting changed for dinner
Dinner at The Loaf overlooking The Marina
A few games of pool in the Billiards Room before bedtime.

sighs

I’m off to a book group this morning, which will be fun – but would much rather be swinging about in a cable car in Lankawi!

A bit of a lie in & then breakfast at The Danna Hotel In Lankawi.
Took a taxi to the skycab, a cable car ride up the maintain for great views over Lankawi & the Andeman Sea.
Walked around the village based near the cable car ride
Back to the hotel for a lounge by the pool & a spot of reading
A cocktail during happy hour before getting changed for dinner
Dinner at The Loaf overlooking The Marina
A few games of pool in the Billiards Room before bedtime.

Essex UK

Had a lay in until 8.15 this morning, good for me, turned on the laptop around 8.45 and had my usual hour checking the forum and reading 31 emails. Breakfast 10.15 and then off to Wickes for some beading to finish of some work in the bathroom.

Home again at around 12.30 in time for lunch. Washed the car this afternoon and then set up the wife’s iPad so she can download listening books from the library, 4pm appointment at the doctors for my Flu jab, been put off twice thought I better go this time……Dinner – washing up – drying up and putting away the dishes. And here I am watching ‘The Choir’ sing while you work on BBC2…

Bedtime around midnight…….

Bedford

Not many new posts appearing lately so I thought that bumping up a few might inspire a few more posts from our 581 member, so here’s the first of mine. If you would like to bump any of yours up to the first page feel free to do so….

So what occupied my day today………..See next post….

Bedford

Had a lay in this morning until 8.50 got up, cup of tea and did some more preparation work getting redy for our new kitchen. !2.30 took two of the grandchildren to the park for an hour then back for dinner.

Went to see some friends in Hemel Hempstead this afternoon, got home about 5 ish and that’s the day over apart from the Strictly results which I have just watched while typing this….Its forum time know.

David

Bedford
Sign in to add your message