Welcome to our forums.

What are you up to today.......

Playing a computer game called "Doom"…old as the hills ( or rather labyrinths), came out in 1993, pretty basic but nostalgic fun…you go round shooting grunts and demons until ya win or bleed to death. Quite charming.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Packing – then heading for the airport. I’ve a hotel overnight and early flight in the morning.

I’ll be away for a month – and I hear that internet access is very slow in Cuba so I may not be around much (if at all). But I shall think of you all (sometimes!)

If you want to follow the adventures, then I shall be blogging at http://gapyearsthebook.blogspot.co.uk

Removed most of the greenery from the village church; added the 3 Kings- and the camel- to the crib and decorated it with tinsel for Epiphany tomorrow.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Doing a couple of loads of washing, changing bed, forumming (am allowed that as a word?), reading, and pottering in the garden.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Still packing boxes.

London

Work again for me today…..I saw one customer all day yesterday, might just see another one today if the rain holds off….

Bedford

Attended a lecture, buffet and tombola by the Western Front Society about Lawnswood, the famous cemetery in Leeds which accommodates hundreds of WWI victims of various nationalities as well as many other famous Victorian Yorkshire characters of notable repute. Its most famous inmate is a (living) cat called Derek who dwells in the gatehouse.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Pushing solicitors to get contracts exchanged before the weekend.

London

Been for a hearing test at Bedford Hospital this morning, apparently I have difficulty with the high tones so they are going to supply me with a hearing aid…..Used the bus pass again today, getting regular with this now.

Got to pick a carpet and take the samples books back this afternoon, I hate picking carpets so I try not to offer too much input as I know it will be my fault if ‘her indoors’ is not happy with it….

Bedford

Shortly going for a Menu del Dia with friends. Thereafter sitting in the porch in the sun and reading a book I have just been lent – it’s the autobiography of the grandmother of a friend, her life growing up in poverty the slums of Birmingham.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain
Sign in to add your message