Welcome to our forums.

What are you up to today.......

coolonespa wrote:

Got to brave the supermarket today and hoping they have got something in place regarding distancing

What a difference a week makes. This week they were limiting the number of people in the supermarket so we could keep our distance inside the store. Outside the queue was appropriately spaced, same at the tills during checkout. Notably considerably more were wearing masks and gloves. Well done Aldi and the people around here for making our weekly shop much safer.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:19 26-Mar-20

Got to brave the supermarket today and hoping they have got something in place regarding distancing. Last week everyone was very relaxed but seemed to want to come up to you and chat. Not looking forward to it at all.

On a bright note, the care home where Linda’s Mam is e-mailed us yesterday to say they were setting up Skype for the residents, so that should help.

Oh, that is good news about the plans for Skype at the Home, Steve – it will make such a difference to everyone.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Starting to power wash the patios whilst the sun is still shining.

London

Got to brave the supermarket today and hoping they have got something in place regarding distancing. Last week everyone was very relaxed but seemed to want to come up to you and chat. Not looking forward to it at all.

On a bright note, the care home where Linda’s Mam is e-mailed us yesterday to say they were setting up Skype for the residents, so that should help.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:49 25-Mar-20

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Aren’t I lucky to have so many people who care?

Probably less luck than fortunate. People who care about others tend to have people who care about them. A bit like smiling…people who smile at others tend to have the smile returned. Well done Gill.

Awwww, thanks, Steve. As Hylda Baker used to say, “I’ve come over all unnecessary now!”

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Aren’t I lucky to have so many people who care?

Probably less luck than fortunate. People who care about others tend to have people who care about them. A bit like smiling…people who smile at others tend to have the smile returned. Well done Gill.

@Fossil wrote:

Staying in as per my NHS text that arrived last night.

Best wishes Alan. That makes it even harder now you can’t go for walks or get food but safer of course.

Nice ones @GeminiJen

Essex UK

GeminiJen wrote:

And again….

Love it @GeminiJen

London

GeminiJen wrote:

Social distancing

Love the sound of the pipes. When I was in the army they were great to march behind. Now we have pipers leading the march on Remembrance Day Parade and again, fabulous to march behind.

London

And again….

Last Edited by GeminiJen at 24 Mar 13:29
Gullane

Social distancing

Last Edited by GeminiJen at 24 Mar 13:27
Gullane
3491 Posts
Sign in to add your message