Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading?

Cross Fire by James Patterson was a good holiday read. The 17th in the Alex Cross series, it had you hooked into the story from very early on. Twists & turns & the return of an old villain. Good enjoyable read.

Essex UK

Back to "The Hunt For Red October" now that PC World have replaced my KOBO whose screen packed up half way through our holiday.

London

Just finished "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"- a great read; just for laughs, Millie Johnson’s "Here Come the Girls!"….4 Barnsley girls go on a P&O cruise from Southampton. As satisfying as a vanilla ice cream with sprinkles!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
:lolno: Ha-Ha!! Toldya !! Good old Lo-Tech printed page beats Hi-Tech everytime !!!

Thank you Grey Wolf.

Sorry Fossil…tellya what I’ve got that "Hunt for Red October" on VHS video if you’di like it,…bit lo-tech again I know, but if you PM me your address I’ll post it to you for you to keep .

Sorry Grey Wolf only just noticed this one. Unfortunately we do not have a VHS player but thanks for the offer. Will be returning the Kobo to the shop tomorrow morning. First job on arrival home.
Have had to resort to my collection over here. Just finishing the The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly.

London

Noticed a book on the Project Gutenberg database of free e-books by Edward Elmer Smith or more commonly known as E E Doc Smith, called Galaxy Primes. I haven’t read one of his Science Fiction books for many many years & this one was quite interesting. I think I may have read this one out of order as it mentioned lots of terms that perhaps were explained in an earlier book but it didn’t spoil my enjoyment of he book. He dealt with Sci Fi in the sense of the development of the mind rather than ray guns & stuff. Quite a good read.

Essex UK

Just finished Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell. Quite a dark start to this one but it has a few threads going on & quite a thrilling ending. Good read.

Essex UK
:lolno: Ha-Ha!! Toldya !! Good old Lo-Tech printed page beats Hi-Tech everytime !!!

Thank you Grey Wolf.

Sorry Fossil…tellya what I’ve got that "Hunt for Red October" on VHS video if you’di like it,…bit lo-tech again I know, but if you PM me your address I’ll post it to you for you to keep .

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Just started the last in the Hunger Games series. The original book I found difficult to get into but once I had got the thread I couldn’t put it down. Once finished it will be followed by 2 of Tom Clancy books including The Hunt for Red October, a film I have seen twice but never read the book. All downloaded onto my Kobo and ready.

I’ve just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I was the same as you Alan, the first chapters were easy to read but not that engaging but it soon exploded into action & was well worth sticking with. I’ve ordered the film on DVD, so I’m keen now to see how the film compares with the book.

Essex UK
Half way through "Hunt for Red October" and the screen of my Kobo has gone on the blink. Will have to take it back to the store when I return to the UK.

As far as I know you can download a Kobo desktop app to your laptop that will let you read books you have purchased. It might help you finish the book before you get back to the UK to get a replacement.

Did that this afternoon but I can’t see me sitting round the pool wih a laptop the same way as I use the Kobo.

Quite right, but a cool dark bar, with an ice cold beer to ward of the evils of mid day sun might fit the bill

Essex UK
Half way through "Hunt for Red October" and the screen of my Kobo has gone on the blink. Will have to take it back to the store when I return to the UK.

As far as I know you can download a Kobo desktop app to your laptop that will let you read books you have purchased. It might help you finish the book before you get back to the UK to get a replacement.

Did that this afternoon but I can’t see me sitting round the pool wih a laptop the same way as I use the Kobo.

London
Sign in to add your message