Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading?

Just finished Alex Cross’s Trial by James Patterson. Really good read & a departure from the normal storyline for the Alex Cross series.

Essex UK
I’m reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer (also author of the Twilight series).

I haven’t read any of the Twilight series. Love story about teenage Vampires & Werewolves didn’t appeal, but my wife encouraged me to read this one as its a bit different. In short its about an alien race who invade planets using the indigenous species’ bodies as hosts for their consciousness. SciFi yes but not ray guns etc. It pivots around one of the Alien who cannot subsume the consciousness of the host human & begins to understand that there is more to humans than the violent beings that were ruining the planet. Probably about 3/4 of the way through at the moment & enjoying it.

Went to see The Host this afternoon, the film from the book. Pretty good & quite faithful to the book. Always interesting to see how someone else’s imagination compares with your own.

Essex UK

I’m utterly hooked on Rosie Thomas’ "White", about an expedition to Everest. The descriptions are great, and the story believable.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Just finished off another Lee Child book, Nothing to Lose, which is No12 in the Jack Reacher series. As enjoyable as the rest.

Essex UK
G. took 2 Lee Child books on a cruise, and placed them on the exchange shelf in the library. Both had disappeared before he left the library…..

We discovered his books relatively recently & they have us gripped. I can see why they went so fast.

Essex UK

G. took 2 Lee Child books on a cruise, and placed them on the exchange shelf in the library. Both had disappeared before he left the library…..

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Oh yes….Also read Patricia Cornwell – The Last Precinct. Too much repetition of the previous book, very much a book you had to grind your way through, albeit with a good ending.

Essex UK

Bad Luck & Trouble – Lee Child. Another engaging episode from the Jack Reacher series.
The Jack Reacher film gets released on Boxing Day.

Essex UK

That sounds an interesting one. I must make a note of that for when you start posting the ‘where am I’ pictures on your return.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Lonely planet guide to Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei….research for potential trip next year.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message