Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading?

The latest NEXUS magazine…interesting articles on Antarctic UFOs, electric people, Moon bases, alternative medicine, Apollo landings (?), Spy agencies and wait for it…mental health and social control.

http://www.nexusmagazine.com
Wakefield, West Yorks.

"Consider The Lily" by Elizabeth Buchan….I love the way she writes.
Also lots of light stuff, free on kindle.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

You win the bet with me, I haven’t read it.

Essex UK

From the sublime to the bizarre, bet nobody’s read this : "Orgone, Reich & Eros" a biography of controversial psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich.by W. Edward Mann. A contemporary of Freud and Jung , Reich gained notoriety through his progressive approach to sexuality, seeing the orgasm as a form of cosmic (orgone) energy, leading to many published works and the invention and development of the orgone accumulator which was to have some influence on the Woody Allen film Orgasmatron. The new energy force Reich believed he had discovered and which may well have led to his arrest is portrayed in the Kate Bush video "Cloudbusting" with Donald Sutherland playing the part of Reich.

Reich had liaisons with Albert Einstein who took a great interest in his work, yet later severed relations.
Fleeing Hitler during the war years, imprisoned by the Americans in 1956 supposedly for ignoring an injunction preventing further publication of his works. Reich died in prison but is still acknowedged as a pioneer in modern psychomatics and psychiatry…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

…watched them all now…all 36 episodes

…MORE !!!

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Watching more Twilight Zone

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Three on the go…still Alan Johnson (almost finished); the latest Joanne Trollope- I’m a major fan; a friend bought me another Louise Penny, this time full of historical facts about Quebec, and finally my sister sent me a paperback called "Please Nurse", which isn’t terribly well written, but sis. wanted me to read it because the author trained as a nurse at the same time as sister- how things have changed since the ’50s. In fact, the Wakefield hospital where she trained is no more….

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

I bought the Lonely Planet for Ecuador yesterday … that will keep me dreaming for days!!

Reading The Rough Guide Directions – New York City.

Essex UK

Currently reading the terms and conditions of my car insurance renewal. How boring. well compared to the above posts….

Bedford
Sign in to add your message