Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading?

Sounds fun – and I’ve found it on Amazon for 1p!

Just as fascinating the 2nd time around, Jo. She realises how she’s been conned by advertisers early in the book, and how little difference there is between supermarket brands and expensive named brands, especially for toiletries. I only use own brands for toothpaste, deodorant etc, but some people swear by a certain brand, thus "owning" it in their minds.
Eventually she goes on a working holiday to a childrens’ holiday centre, and meets the love of her life, the organic gardener- so it has a romance, too!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Sounds like an interesting read, Jo – and do let me know if you tackle Cervantes.

No, but a copy has turned up in the vast pile of books left from our stall on May Day, so perhaps…
I’m reading Kath Kelly’s "How I Lived a Year on Just a Pound a Day" for the 2nd time…it also turned up on the bookstall, and I’ve a feeling it was originally mine. I do enjoy how she turned her acquisitive life around.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Have just come home from Spain, so probably ought to read Don Quixote, but I’m not sure I can face it. Has anyone read it??

"Seedswap" by Josie Jeffery (pub: Kew Royal Botanical Gardens) hardy, linen bound illustrated macropedia this on all things seeds from sourcing and sowing to storing, shelf life and swapping. Gives a detailed two page run down on each of about 50 different individual food crop seeds and a few flowers, covering germination, care, pests and diseases, special requirements. Loads of UK and overseas seed links and interesting seed facts.

So anybody want any food crop gardening advice this week, just ask.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Having been caught out like this before, I now check if the book I’ve been given is part of a series and if so where in the series it is.

Essex UK

The Louise Penny book my friend bought me turned out to be connected to her previous one….I was reading about C.I. Gamache being injured, and struggled to understand what had happened.
When I Googled, it turned out to be her 6th detective novel, and the only one which doesn’t stand alone.
So I went straight to Amazon and bought the 5th on kindle….now it’s beginning to make sense!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Kisscut – Karin Slaughter. This is the 2nd in this series and was a good read, fleshing out the characters from the first book. I can’t say it was an enjoyable read, although well written, the subject matter was a little disturbing. Read it to the end because I wanted to see how it all ended but I’m also a little relieved to have finished it and move on to "lighter" material.

Essex UK

My latest edition of Cruise International that arrived yesterday.

London
Sign in to add your message