The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

How to choose a Safari?

Sneezing OK, but if he had a persistent cough….Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Looks like the lion is about to sneeze

Wouldn’t want to be too close if he did!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Looks like the lion is about to sneeze

Essex UK

Lovely photos there, @kilimanjaroclimbadvisor

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

How to choose Safari will depend on your travel budget and interests

Safari destinations are National parks and Game reserve, location and distance affects Budget…

After setting your travel budget, make research and find your favorite wildlife tours destinations which will fulfill your interests. If you want to see all Big 5 Africa wildlife and see most big cats choose Tanzania. To see wildebeest migration, all cats and all big 5 Africa consider Serengeti National park, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire.

Safari booking expert advise in East Africa especially Tanzania.

To Escape crowd of Tourists and get exclusive African safaris go to Southern circuit safaris Tanzania. Plan to visit Selous Game reserve, Udzungwa National park, ruaha and mikumi parks.

Decide style of accommodation during safari, styles of accommodation are tented camps and lodges. Safari Lodges are usually known to most tourists while tented camps are for explorers and photographers which need to discover more on nature. Lodge safari is more of leisure holidays for middle aged to older people while camping safaris is from Middle aged to graduates who have just worked for some few years or teenagers, backpackers e.t.c

Thanks Jo

Essex UK

The crater might be the place to go for plenty of sightings without driving for miles. Have you got a blog on the place & if so could you add a link here please.

Sorry, it was before my blogging days. I went with Explore, as part of a trip to Tanzania that took in the Serengeti and ended up climbing Kili. It’s very popular, so I’m sure that an internet trawl would throw up plenty of other trips that include it in an itinerary.

But I’ve found this website, which might be useful for starters: http://www.tanzaniaodyssey.com/tanzania … oro-crater

Last Edited by unknown at 15 Jun 17:12

The crater might be the place to go for plenty of sightings without driving for miles. Have you got a blog on the place & if so could you add a link here please.

Essex UK

I spent a couple of weeks in Tanzania, a few years ago – and we moved from place to place. We saw most of Tanzania’s big animals in the Serengeti, but they are very spread out. But Ngorogoro is a crater and the wild life seems to be crammed in there (tho no rhinos there).

And there are other places to see animals – I got far closer to a tiger than was strictly necessary in the far west of Nepal.

Last Edited by unknown at 15 Jun 16:08

We were in Johannesburg and this was the nearest game park.

London
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message