Welcome to our forums.

Holiday mobile bills

Totally agree. Even though the EU have driven this through, its happened at a snails pace.

Essex UK

Should have happened a long time ago considering who owns what. For example O2 is O2 Telefonica so why pay roaming charges in Spain when it is the same company!!

London

At last things are better in Europe. Now to tackle the prices in the rest of the world!

“UK consumers using their mobile phones in Europe will see reductions in their bills from today. Further caps are coming into effect on roaming – or connection – charges within all 28 countries of the European Union (EU). From June next year, roaming charges in the EU will be abolished completely. Read the latest at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36171266

Essex UK

“Holidaymakers travelling outside the EU risk paying mobile bills up to 80 times higher than they need to, owing to roaming charges, a charity has warned.
Citizens Advice said that travellers who did not buy a “bolt-on” – allowing for a set amount of data use – could see higher bills." READ MORE

Essex UK

Data roaming charges are set to be abolished within the European Union by June 2017, it has been announced. READ MORE HERE

Essex UK

3 mobile have just included the whole of Spain for free calls and texts using your allocated minutes….

Bedford

I prefer to use Viber. If both parties have Wi-Fi then it is free from anywhere in the world along with Facetime.

Last Edited by unknown at 09 Mar 19:54
London

I’ve given up worrying about it! I text my girls while I’m away, which it pay for, (40p a text., with O2) but if I make a call it’s an emergency and so money doesn’t matter. I’ve decided it I can afford to travel to these places then I can absorb the cost of keeping in touch with those I love back home.

I used my EE mobile in Gran Canaria in November for calls and texts and was not charged. Well pleased.

Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
60 Posts
Sign in to add your message