The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Have you signed the petition to save our bees?

Hmmmmmmm….

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I can’t access the link either now and didn’t kep the original email. A google seach hasn’t pulled it up either, so am wondering if it is closed now….

ESW
Lincolnshire

Yes, it’s a-buzz here- but I don’t think there’s any pesticides used round here, as we’re not arable, just sheep who eat anything….. the few hay fields have some fertiliser added, but I don’t think anything else.

Last Edited by unknown at 06 Feb 16:08
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

I received a free pack of "bee-friendly" seeds so will be planting them out soon…must admit there seem to be loads of bees in my garden so far this year…

Bristol

Sixty "Coronation meadows" have been identified across the UK as part of a Coronation anniversary campaign to restore threatened wildflower meadows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/22766945

This should help the Bees.

Essex UK

Pressure is hotting up on the bee front.

Bulgaria had been lining up alongside the UK to block a ban on these pesticides. But yesterday, after beekeepers from across the nation marched through the capital, Bulgaria’s minister for agriculture changed his mind and will now vote for a ban.

Tomorrow 38 Degrees are presenting the petition with over 250,000 signatures to Owen Paterson tomorrow.

On Friday 38 Degrees is teaming up with Avaaz, Buglife, Environmental Justice Foundation, Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace, Pesticide Action Network UK, RSPB, and the Soil Association to march on parliament to show the environment minister how important the protection of our bees is to us.

All are invited to join the march. You don’t have to be a beekeeper. You can come dressed as one, or as a bee or just come as yourself: bring fruit, flowers, friends and big smiles.

38 Degrees members will be meeting at:
10:30am, Friday 26th April at the statue of Churchill in Parliament Square, London.

Should be an interesting day.

ESW
Lincolnshire

I certainly did, the day before I went on holiday……….

Last Edited by unknown at 06 Feb 17:12
Bedford
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message