Welcome to our forums.

German Xmas Market Ideas

What was it that you didn’t like about the cruise lionpops?

Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park is always good fun, in fact there’s plenty to see and enjoy (festive wise) in London at this time of year.

Last Edited by unknown at 11 Sep 19:00
Essex UK

I did a xmas market cruise last year and disliked it.When I got back went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and loved it.Birmingham is amazing as is Bristol and next year we are going to visit the Lincoln market.So there are great markets on our own doorstep,My ideal trip next year would be to visit them all?

We won Euro rail tickets for the Christmas markets one December. I seem to remember that we used the same express train on several days, which went from Utrecht-or Rotterdam- to Vienna. We had our longest stay in Nuremberg, for the Christkindle markt, which is so special that it is shown on most German TV channels. School children sing, and the Christ child appears on a balcony of the cathedral, and there’s much ceremony and music to open the market. After 3 days there, we caught the express again to Vienna, for the fabulous sights around their town hall, then on to Salzburg.
One of the main things we remember, though, is how very, very cold it is so far inland, and there were times in Nuremberg when we sought out department stores, MacDonalds, museums etc, for a foot warm, coffee and decent loos! Other than that, it was a wonderful trip.

Last Edited by unknown at 11 Sep 18:40
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

There’s an enormous one on in Leeds right now.

Last Edited by unknown at 11 Sep 19:02
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Here are a couple of links from the main site that mat give you some ideas, but if you don’t get what you’re looking for from the posts here contact us (from the main site) and I’m sure one of the advisor will be able to help.

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/Part … artnerInfo

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/Revi … ductReview

Last Edited by unknown at 11 Sep 18:34
Essex UK

2015 will see my first year of retirement and I’d like to visit a Christmas Market – ideally a two centre one in Germany where I could travel between the two places by train.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Helen

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message