The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Drone Technology

OK, thanks for the update. I wonder if Richard will be too close to Southampton airspace?

Essex UK

@coolonespa
No, I didn’t, simply because to operate it where I live is within the restricted area of an airport so it would be prohibited and you need a CAA licence if you wish to operate it commercially. I did recommend that @Solent_Richard might get one as it would be ideal for operating from his balcony when photographing ships in The Solent.

London

Noticed that Channel 4 have just started their second series of Hidden Britain by Drone. In episode 1 it says “Sir Tony’s flying cameras reveal the secrets of an immense stately home, an abandoned theme park, billionaires’ wine vaults, Argos’s back room and a stunning flower farm in full bloom”.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hidden-britain-by-drone?msg_id=DM46696&nl_bid=1223416195

I recall you asking about drones @Fossil Did you ever buy one?

Essex UK

@ESW wrote:

Think he might get indigestion if he tries eating it….

Hopefully he’ll be rewarded with a tasty treat for taking it down.

Essex UK

I still want one.

London

Haven’t seen any of these flying over the West Berks Downs since Christmas – so if they under people’s trees they haven’t been taken out to play yet. And there are still plenty in the sales – maybe they aren’t the great ‘must have’ that some thought they might be.

Think he might get indigestion if he tries eating it….

ESW
Lincolnshire

Well this is one way to take down a rogue drone:

Essex UK

As the French Police trial Drones to help them catch bad drivers, the Caister lifeboat crew are trialing drones to help them in rescue operations. More info at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-41326609/caister-lifeboat-crew-trials-drones-for-rescues

Essex UK

Precisely…mobile phones, smart phones, tablets ditto which is why those guns won’t be on general release for any wannabe Luke Skywalker to take pot shots at anything that moves or beeps.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Sign in to add your message