Welcome to our forums.

Destination Focus: South Africa

Whilst away one night I watched again one of my favourite films, Cry Freedom. It puts a somewhat different light on South Africa, its past, present and perhaps its future. I love South Africa as I do a great deal of Africa that I have been to but there is more to it than animals and beaches. One of my highlights was spending time on a day off in Soweto.

London

Thanks Gill. As alway your feedback is much appreciated.

Strange thing about the squirrel is that I stumbled across him & he ran up the tree, then froze about a yard from my face. It seemed as if he felt that as long as he stayed perfectly still I wouldn’t be able to see him.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:14 15-Sep-18

This one covers Cape Town and the peninsular & even contains a little romance:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-africa-south-africa/cape-town-and-the-peninsula

plus some extra photos.

Brilliant article @coolonespa and loved all the pics., especially the one of the squirrel, very professional!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

This one covers Cape Town and the peninsular & even contains a little romance:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-africa-south-africa/cape-town-and-the-peninsula

plus some extra photos.

Essex UK

The rocks are pretty crowded at Dyer Island:

but the sea isn’t much better:

Perhaps it was rush hour

Essex UK

A lovely coastal bench:

Essex UK

Knysna is a lovely coastal town on the Garden Route and a climb up to The Heads offers some lovely views:

Essex UK

There is some lovely rugged coastline at Tsitsikamma National Park. Here visitors can explore the gorges and indigenous forest via a number of trails. Seagulls keep an eye on the comings and goings

Essex UK

@Solent_Richard wrote:

Thanks for your reports.

Glad you’re finding them useful Richard.

At Bloukrans Bridge, allegedly not only Africa’s highest bridge but the world’s highest commercial bungee jump location some 216-metres above the Bloukrans River. Your guess is as good as mine as to why people throw themselves off a perfectly good bridge, but it’s fun to watch:

Essex UK

Good morning @coolonespa

Thanks for your reports.

I’m finding this thread useful as we have a visit to South Africa planned for next year.

65 Posts
Sign in to add your message