Welcome to our forums.

Daily Quiz - Answers ***Read Questions Thread first***

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
08:47 26-Sep-20

Steve, just want to record my thanks for the time and effort you have put into the quiz over the months. It was a great idea and a good opportunity for all those who had any interest in the forum to join in. Also a huge thank you to @cruzeroqueen1 Thanks Gill for your continued support on this, I don’t think you missed a single day.

Thank you, Alan @Fossil – and again thanks to Steve @coolonespa for creating extra interest with the daily quiz.
I am sad that it has come to an end, but of course understand the reasoning for it. Happily we will still remain in
contact via email. xx

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Steve, just want to record my thanks for the time and effort you have put into the quiz over the months. It was a great idea and a good opportunity for all those who had any interest in the forum to join in. Also a huge thank you to @cruzeroqueen1 Thanks Gill for your continued support on this, I don’t think you missed a single day.

London

Fossil wrote:

Q398. Early in his singing career, who was sometimes billed as “The Twisting Vocalist from Pontypridd”?
Tom Jones

Is correct, let’s have a bit of Tom

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Q399. In astronomy, which stars are the hottest e.g. blue stars, white stars or yellow stars?
Think it’s blue

Blue Stars is correct

Fossil wrote:

Q400. Which city in Pennsylvania USA was the setting for the “Rocky” films?
Philadelphia

Is correct. Strangely I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that song but clearly its very popular.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Congratulations on making it to 400!

Thank you Gill and there I will hang my hat as quizmaster.

A big thanks to you, Alan & Carole for your continued participation. I’m super impressed with your general knowledge.

Essex UK

Q398. Early in his singing career, who was sometimes billed as “The Twisting Vocalist from Pontypridd”?
Tom Jones (was never a great fan of him)

Q399. In astronomy, which stars are the hottest e.g. blue stars, white stars or yellow stars?
Think it’s blue,( as I remember thinking at the time it would make more sense if it was ‘red hot’
and ‘blue with cold’).

Q400. Which city in Pennsylvania USA was the setting for the “Rocky” films?
Never seen them, so will guess Pittsburg.

Congratulations on making it to 400!

Tom Jones
Blue
The only city I know of in Pennsylvania is Philadelphia as in Bruce Springsteens song, another of my favourites so will go with Philadelphia

Nearly 135 million views

London

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Q395. What year was NATO set up?
Not sure, but think it was about the same time that Israel was set up, so will say 1948

Ooooooo, so close 1949 is the correct answer

You got the other two, well done.

Essex UK

Q395. What year was NATO set up?
Not sure, but think it was about the same time that Israel was set up, so will say 1948

Q396. A Bigger Splash is amongst the works of which Yorkshire born artist?
As a Yorkshire Tyke I know it is David Hockney. (But I’m not keen on his work).

Q397. What is the name given to a female cat used for breeding?
Queen (but they all think they deserve the title and the waiting-on.).

Thanks for the video, Steve, I enjoyed seeing it again.

Fossil wrote:

Q392. What “M” describes both a joint in woodwork & a Bishop’s head-dress?
Mitre

Correct

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Q393. What nationality were the composers Berlioz & Ravel?
French (I loved Torvill and Dean performing to Ravel’s Bolero).

Correct

Lets relive & bit of T&D

Q394. In TV, who was Ally McCoist’s rival team captain in “A Question of Sport”?
John Parrot

Essex UK

Mitre
French, remember hearing Bolero in music lessons at school over 60 years ago, long before Torvill and Dean made it famous in the winter olympics
No idea, never watch it

London

Q392. What “M” describes both a joint in woodwork & a Bishop’s head-dress?
Mitre

Q393. What nationality were the composers Berlioz & Ravel?
French (I loved Torvill and Dean performing to Ravel’s Bolero).

Q394. In TV, who was Ally McCoist’s rival team captain in “A Question of Sport”?
No idea, no interest in any sport whatsoever (apart from the odd special item as above).

500 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one