Tres bon, @Fossil

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Bienvenue sur le forum et bonne année à vous @Fleurrose

London

Welcom to the forum and merry Christmas to everyone

France

I hope all those who chose to go solo for Christmas, had a good time

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

If like me, you are on your own at Christmas and live in the Bournemouth area, give me a shout. I am arranging Christmas Day Lunch at The Cumberland Hotel in Bournemouth for those of us that don’t fancy going away or being by ourselves. There are 5 of us so far, male and female from 40’s to 70’s. £78.00 per person for 5 course meal. Sally

Yes but there’s far more. If you type in Christmas and Grey Wolf on the search bar you will discover the wonderful worlds of Schloss Kufstein (Austria) Arrcahor (Scotland) and Cornwall. All of which I have enjoyed and visited over Xmas and written up on here.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Perhaps these links will suffice GW…

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-news/154/post/9077 – 4 years old now is this one…

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-tips-and-advice/1510/post/25269 – and 3 years old this one

Bedford

I can’t remember if I was around when this was discussed before.

But I’ve spent a Christmas travelling in Nepal, eating rice and lentils. And another in Caracus (but that’s cheating – my daughter was teaching there at the time).

As for going away in the UK – a lot of hotels do Christmas shenanigans, with dinner, and games – which might be a good idea if you like the traditional thing but don’t want all the work. Let us know how you get on.

Welcome BershireSue. I think we’ve had extensive threads on this topic before have we not, Silver Travellers ?So come along Admin Boffins, what say you post up the links so Berkshire Sue can read all our inspiring and erudite festive experiences !

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Welcome to the forum!

North Northumberland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message