Welcome to our forums.

Christmas windows

The picks are very nice and beautiful. I really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing them.

london,uk

when i took these photos way back in november @esw the christmas decorations were shining brightly in the street, but i think the shops are maybe a little too high class to actually have decorations ~ just expensive gifts for people to buy. certainly a different style.

London

Love the fish, but not sure about some of the others…

Why do they remove the Christmas displays- is it Twelth Night or are they cleared early for the Sales?

ESW
Lincolnshire

well i finally came to the end of my selfridges windows selection

these are few yards further south, and a little different in style

London

and finally … just around the corner in orchard street …

the boys loved picking out the landmarks and icons of auld london town + christmas food on the first three ~ but were totally disinterested in the mini handbags!

London

PamWNorth wrote:

Fenwicks Christmas Window in Newcastle is as good as always but unfortunately I dont have any photos. It is of Paddington Bear

this will be a very poor substitute @pamwnorth ~ but it is paddington ~ (m & s nearby, but i noticed they had a much grander display in their oxford street branch windows)

London

ESW wrote:

a Christmas robin

thank you esw.
i’m guessing i won’t find a christmas oystercatcher
also no pied christmas wagtail ~ at least, not until just after christmas when people are hauling out their leftover-using-up recipes, lol

coolonespa wrote:

That suit reminds me of the ones they were selling in Hoi An See https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-places/5654-vietnam-cambodia-laos/post/67047#67047

love it coolonespa
and either of them would make a very creditable sofa-covering!

London

Definitely a Christmas robin @pink

ESW
Lincolnshire

That suit reminds me of the ones they were selling in Hoi An See https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-places/5654-vietnam-cambodia-laos/post/67047#67047

Essex UK

another day, another small tranche of window pics. but i wonder whether you can help me out esw ~ the last one is presumably intended to be a robin, but do you think it might actually be closer to a chaffinch?

London
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message