Welcome to our forums.

Cats in the garden.

I was once told that pepper worked. I sprinkled some round a newly planted bed, and when I turned around, next door’s cat was winding itself round the pepper pot….

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Thanks for letting me know. It’s handy to know another brand that works just in case they don’t have my usual one when I need some more.

Essex UK

I don’t think it is the same brand Steve. The one we have is made by Vitax, it was the only kind our local garden centre sold, it seems to be working which is good.

Northumberland

Not sure of the brand as Clifford’s put it in the shed, but I will have a look tomorrow and let you know. It does appear to have done the trick as no evidence of cats visiting the garden last night!

Northumberland

Is the repellent you bought the same brand as I posted earlier in this thread?

Essex UK

An update. The bottle method worked until last month when I think the cats in the neighbourhood (with three new cats there are now 9 living close by) decided the bottles were nothing to fear, even though we added more and our garden now resembles a bottle bank!!! We have plenty of holly bushes in the garden, so we trimmed them and spread the prickly leaves around the area they were using as a cat litter, they avoided this area but just used other areas of the garden. Sprinkling vinegar or jeyes fluid around the garden works but if we get rain, well then it gets washed away and they are back. Today we bought some cat repellent from the Garden Centre, so I will see how that works and update you all!

Northumberland
We’ve implemented the pop bottle and it seems to be working, thank you!

Nice to know it still works !

Wakefield, West Yorks.

We’ve implemented the pop bottle and it seems to be working, thank you!

Last Edited by unknown at 21 Jun 18:57
Northumberland

Thanks Steve. I’ll make a note of that. At the moment we are clear of cat fouling, which is surprising as I’ve been digging out the front flower beds and there is virgin soil.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Thanks for the info Steve. The Cat Repellent looks as if it will be the answer to our problems. Will buy some!

Northumberland
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message