Welcome to our forums.

Can you recycle to much!!

I recycle as much as possibe, and never waste food. Our only food waste is stuff like potato peelings, onion skins, outer leaf of lettuce maybe. Back in UK we had compost heaps for that, but it is not viable in this area, when it can be without rain for 5 or 6 months, and our water supply can be cut off for up to two weeks at a time. Our dog loves all ‘human’ food, inc. spag. bol., curry and chili con carne, etc. so on the rare occasion anything is left, he’s more than happy to ‘clean up’.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Interesting new recycling information site here full of fascinating facts and household top tips:

http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com
Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 24 Sep 10:57
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Our council tax was frozen last year until 2015 I’m pleased to say, we recycle everything we can which I hope has a small saving on the dreaded tax, I like to think so anyway.

Bedfordshire

Our Council Tax has been frozen for the last couple of years, so hopefully the reduced landfill costs have partly enabled that.

Essex UK

If by re-cycling we are saving the local council thousands on land fill costs why hasn’t the council tax gone down?

London

That’s it, cant get anymore in the recycle bin despite standing in it twice – good job its due for emptying tomorrow….Roll on….

Bedford

Lots of recycle paper and plastic products these last couple of days – the bins almost full to bursting….

Bedford

Everythng goes to the recycling bins 4 km away (on the way to town) next to the little concrete shed where my postbox is housed. Our land comprises ridges, embankments and litle pockets of almond and olive groves, so any garden waste gets chicked over the nearest embankment into one of these and biodegrades nicely.

Last Edited by unknown at 19 Apr 02:43
Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

We have 4 small recycling bins in a pub car park, but take our cardboard and plastics down to Seascale.
All my weeds, clippings etc go under the trees or hedges, so I don’t use the garden bin. Hopefully the wild life makes use of it.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
Here’s an interesting fact about recycling….Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for around 3 hours….Obviously depends on the size of the jar I would have thought…

Or the size of the TV

Essex UK
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message