The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Bumblebees and butterflies

Some interesting news about bumblebees.

Interesting indeed.

Essex UK

Some interesting news about bumblebees.

Scunthorpe

Its beginning to get a bit spooky. Harry another living thing in the garden but when I go out there to work I’m shadowed by a Robin, a Bumble Bee & a Butterfly. I can understand the Robin being opportunistic about what I reveal for its dinner but what do the other two think I’m going to do for them?

Essex UK

Seen one! a bumble bee that is, my first of the year and would you believe it flew in through my open bathroom window, fortunately the door was closed so it was contained until I was able to remove it – alive…

Bedford

I’ve not seen any evidence of anything flying around here, bees or otherwise, even the birds are few and far between at the moment.

Bedfordshire

Yesterday in the Garden I spotted a butterfly and a bee, all the while being closely shadowed by a very brave Robin, in case I should turn over some tasty morsel for him.

Essex UK
Sighted a Butterfly today. Seems it not just plants who don’t know what month it is…

Had our first fly in the house today ~ seems it not just plants and butterflies that don’t know what month it is GW, Also heard a frog croaking away in the pond this afternoon….

At this rate , we’ll be getting Wildebeest and Meerkats before the week’s out, I shouldn’t wonder.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Sighted a Butterfly today. Seems it not just plants who don’t know what month it is…

Had our first fly in the house today ~ seems it not just plants and butterflies that don’t know what month it is GW, Also heard a frog croaking away in the pond this afternoon….

Bedford

Last Edited by unknown at 14 Mar 13:56
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Counted about 200 today swarming all over the Catoneaster shrubs in drowsy lull, obviously a flower of choice. Amazing to think of all the flowers to choose from they seem to prefer those miniscule red flowers, no bigger than a pin head.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Sign in to add your message