The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Bumblebees and butterflies

Just been watching a huge Bumble bee hovering around in the garden, it seemed to be more interested in the lawn than anywhere else. And, it’s one cabbage white for me while watching the bee….Lots of those pesky gnats about too….

Bedford

It’s another glorious day and the bees are out in force. Bumble bees are busy round the Japonica. The honey bees prefer the spring flowering heathers. There is a constant buzz in the garden.

There have been a few peacock buterflies around and I saw a cabbage white yesterday.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Love the cartoon. Perhaps its all the flower scented shower gels that attract them?

Last Edited by unknown at 14 Mar 17:32
Essex UK

they must like bathrooms as I had one in mine last week….

Bedford

A large Bumble Bee has been coming in our bathroom window for the last couple of days and fussing around the flowers on the sill. Sadly they are material ones, so he needs to go to the bee equivalent of specsavers.

Last Edited by unknown at 14 Mar 17:12
Essex UK

There’s a bumble bee spending a lot of time in a Christmas rose near the pond.
A honey bee came onto the terrace and sat in the sun for a few minutes.

Last Edited by unknown at 14 Mar 17:06
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
We’ve had a few early bumble bees in the garden
O Eleanor ! Where’ve you been ??!! Thought you’d buzzed off with bumblebees !!!
Wakefield, West Yorks.

We’ve had a few early bumble bees in the garden

ESW
Lincolnshire

I saw a couple of honey bees last week, on a sunny day; the first flies emerged from their crannies and were flung outside; lots of midges dancing over the pond when there’s any sunshine; the sparrow hawk is a constant presence near the feeders, and a grey squirrel, who’ll have her babies in a dray somewhere in the tree canopy, arrives to pinch peanuts around tea time.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
Some interesting news about bumblebees.

Interesting indeed.

Most interesting, indeed.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Sign in to add your message