The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Britain braced for weather misery

It’s been pretty wild and its very cold!

Northumberland

Sounds horrendous up north. Glad I live in the south.

London

Stay safe, all our northern silver travellers. And do have a good grumble about your weather. We’ll try not to tell you it’s not so bad in the south.

Apologies for this Albatrail, but I’m pleased your up there and not me, it sounds horrendous – Stay safe….

Bedford

NW Scotland, yesterday & today. High winds although not damaging where we are, sleet, snow, hail, sunshine, clear skies, aurora. Only thing that’s really caused a problem is the thunder & lightning- short bursts of thunder spread out during the day. Some electricity disruption, some equipment damaged but mostly a nuisance because we got thunder every time we switched on the computer & router and had to switch off again.

This morning the ferries and lighthouse vessels were tied up in port; this afternoon the snow has come down to lower levels but it’s wet snow and horrible to drive in.

Scotland

Spent the last couple of days west of Edinburgh, very bad gales. We drove home in a blizzard this afternoon, however just a few miles from the English border the snow turned to rain. Back in Northumberland it is icy cold and windy but no snow……yet!

Northumberland

The latest from the BBC weather News at 20 22 this evening…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30407295

A wind speed of 144mph was recorded on the remote St Kilda islands, with gusts in excess of 80mph elsewhere.

Bedford

Nasty, very nasty, but as the postie said- you ought to see what it’s like down at Seascale!
Having lived on the seafront there for 6 years, I can imagine!

Last Edited by unknown at 04 Sep 10:54
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

No problems here in London.

London
Makes me laff. I spent five years in Poland where the winter brings snow literally up to your waist and life goes on as normal.

You mean like this:

Scunthorpe
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message