The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Bird's Eye View of Everest

That’s that off my to-do list……Nice photo’s (as always) Michael, it looks an amazing sight…..

Thanks for posting the link Gill..

Bedford

Michael was taking pictures through the window, so I didn’t really see the view of Everest until I saw the pictures afterwards.

We also flew over the Himalayas from Delhi to Leh, another clear day.
It was as well we took pictures on the outward flight as coming back security was so tight at Leh we were not allowed to take any carry on luggage onto the plane – I even had to fight to be allowed to take my stick with me.

Last Edited by unknown at 03 Aug 22:35
ESW
Lincolnshire

Eleanor – thank you. It’s wonderful to see what we missed!!!

We were luckier than you Jo. We had a really clear flight from Delhi to Katmandu and then onto Bhutan. We got a seat on the left hand side of the plane. There was cloud around the slopes but the tops were clear and and had a fantastic view of Everest.

Last Edited by unknown at 03 Aug 17:48
ESW
Lincolnshire

I almost flew over it once – we sat on the runway in Kathmandu waiting for the clouds to lift. They didn’t, so one of the group spent a couple of hours telling jokes!

But I have seen the sunrise over Everest from a distance – and it’s stunning. The mountains go all pink and wonderful while it’s still dark in the valleys.

Don’t have to bother to climb it now.

Essex UK

Sad for the people who lost their lives, but wonderful views.

Part 3 (Summit) KEEP AN EYE ON THE ELEVATION, LEFT SIDE OF YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN, AND THEN MOVE MOUSE AT THE END, TO SEE EVERYTHING.use your finger w/ I-Pads or touch screens

This is amazing . . . it’s almost like being there and there’s a 360 degree view from the top! Click on the link: http://everestavalanchetragedy.com/mt-e … urney.html
Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message