Welcome to our forums.

Big rise in over 50s skin cancer

As I have mentioned previously, I use Factor 30 and never lay in the same position for more than 10 minutes at a time, so don’t give myself chance to burn. (Worked so far, anyway!).

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Fossil wrote:

Not cheap but if it is going to protect me from further surgery it is money well spent.

I’m with you on the ‘anything to protect you from further surgery.’ Sounds like you’re being very sensible. (Know I should, too.)

I now use P20 in its 50 factor form and it is 4 stars. Not cheap but if it is going to protect me from further surgery it is money well spent.

London

I know what you mean Jo, this feels a bit like the red wine is good for you one day, not the next.

The thing that shocked me was on the video where they had the two sun tan creams recommended for children & one wasn’t 5 star for UVA. I sent the link straight to my daughter so she can make sure she’s got the top stuff for the Grandchildren.

Essex UK

I saw that too, Steve.

Just when we think we understand the wretched labels and protect ourselves the scientists come up with something else. I know we can’t throw caution to the wind when this happens – it feels that whatever we do is never enough – but this feels one of those ‘what the hell’ times. (And then I’ll be sensible, and check it out!)

Some more on this topic about the “confusion over the labels on sun creams, and manufacturers should all use the same rating system, says the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.”

There’s some really interesting information about the difference between UVA & UVB and the labelling, something I wasn’t clear about. Read more HERE

Essex UK
Richie Benaud – we will miss him.

But if his dying means one more person takes a suspicious mole to the doctor then that will be one more wonderful thing he can be remembered by.

Hear, hear

Essex UK

Richie Benaud – we will miss him.

But if his dying means one more person takes a suspicious mole to the doctor then that will be one more wonderful thing he can be remembered by.

That’s right. My Brother-in-law was the same. spotted it early & got it sorted.

Essex UK
I agree with JoCarroll, if you are worried about something that does not look right go to the doctor. I am glad I did.

So that’s at least 2 of us who have been there, got the t-shirt – evidence that there’s plenty of life afterwards, if you get to the doctor promptly!

39 Posts
Sign in to add your message