Welcome to our forums.

Apple-a-day for all over-50s

And I thought it was supposed to be Cranberries that were the health giving fruit – I’ve spent enough on their juice over the last few years, and all I needed to do was eat an Apple a day…..

Bedford

Apples, blackberries and hawthorn berries- they keep my blackbirds pretty fit!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
Should it now be ‘5’ apples a day to give us our ‘5’ portions of fruit? I used to work with a guy who drank 5 pints of cider a day. He said apples tasted better that way.

I have just conducted a thorough modelling study of one person & the 5 pints of cider is a winner. I can’t feel any pain at all now

Essex UK
Should it now be ‘5’ apples a day to give us our ‘5’ portions of fruit? I used to work with a guy who drank 5 pints of cider a day. He said apples tasted better that way.

No, the five need to be different types of fruit or vegetable.

Like the cider idea though.

Scunthorpe

The Jewish panacea – chicken soup – had been proved to be beneficial to health, according to studies

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Last Edited by unknown at 09 May 17:14
London

Interesting that they base their findings on modelling, and not a scientific study. We all know that extra fruit and veg is good for us, but these are ambitious claims to make on the basis of models! (Can’t help wondering who funded this!)

Having said that, if it gets more people eating fruit and veg, then it’s no bad thing.

"The Victorians had it about right when they came up with their brilliantly clear and simple public health advice, ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25413939

Can you think of any other old sayings that have proven to be true

Essex UK
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message