Welcome to our forums.

7 questions on the cost of living

Singing:

__" ’Ear all, see all, say nowt, Ate all, sup all, pay nowt And if ever that duz owt fer nowt Allus do it for thissen."__

Nah that’s troo that is.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Good for you GW, why pay more than you need to.

Essex UK

Interesting Socio-Demographic question there and which highlights the common allure of the Merrie Citie…it’s cheapness. I’m actually less than zero, let me explain why…

I have never paid 99p for a loaf…you wait till late at my Morrisons and get the reduced for quick sale bread which often retails at 15p a loaf incl baguettes.

Ditto all those veg….Sainsbury’s circa 9pm.

I don’t drive so would never have to pay for an MOT

The cheapest beer in Wetherspoons is Ruddles at £1.70 a pint ( ditto Abbott on Monday) so neither would I pay anywhere near £2 or more for a pint. Ever.

I could go on about the plethora of Poundshops where you can buy just about everything plus the barter which goes on round here but I won’t.

Perhaps I’m socially subnormal or just a tight Yorkshire tyke, either way I exist by and large outside the consumer cachment zone.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Great score. Clearly a man in touch with his wallet

I don’t know why I got the MOT one wrong, possibly cos my garage gives me a half price one as part of my service plan but my maths isn’t normally that bad

I only knew because I had my wife’s car tested 2 weeks ago and I had asked the tester what the full cost of it was, I didn’t pay the full price needless to say, just £30….

Bedford

Great score. Clearly a man in touch with his wallet

I don’t know why I got the MOT one wrong, possibly cos my garage gives me a half price one as part of my service plan but my maths isn’t normally that bad

Essex UK

Crikey I’m good, not perfect but 6 out of 7’ aint not bad…..

Bedford

I was rubbish – know the bread and milk, but buy my fruit and veg from a market, don’t have a car or buy paint … oh well!

Last Edited by unknown at 15 Apr 17:54

I got 4 from 7, so not bad. How did you do
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24345784

Essex UK
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message