Join our growing list of holiday and other prize winners!
5 people found this feature helpful
At Silver Travel Advisor, we are able to offer some fantastic holiday prizes to our members, as well as travel books and gifts.
We have a new prize draw every month and this month you could win a fabulous break to the Isle of Man. More details
- Read about all of our Silver Travel Book Club winners
- Read about our M&S voucher & mouse mat winners
- Read about the winners of the monthly 'Travels with a Silver Travel bag' competition
Silver Travel Cook Club
- The winner of the May Silver Travel Cook Club is Caroline Bullen from Chichester who is delighted to win a copy of the beautiful cookery book – The Tuscan Sun.
2019 Prize winners
- Northfleet resident, Sarah Whittington is really looking forward to her indulgent hamper from Holland America Line arriving.
- Sara Hill from Ashfield in Nottinghamshire was very pleased to win two tickets to see the five star show, The Comedy about a Bank Robbery, in London’s West End.
Pauline Sear from Exeter won tickets to see The Twilight Zone in London’s West End in our April competition. She says “I love Silver Travel Advisor, especially the forums which have helped me in my planning for Antarctica and Chile. I love writing so the competitions encourage that”.
Elizabeth Goldman is delighted to have won a pair of tickets to the Big Cat Show on 13 April, organised by Bradt Travel Guides.
Jacqueline Sandford from Tunbridge Wells is highly delighted to have won the March prize from Inghams. She’ll be off to the Dolomites later this year.
Jenny Fullard who lives in Poole is the very pleased winner of a week’s car hire from Avis in our March prize draw.
Jim Jennings, Bill Govan, Sara Hall and Liz Wright are looking forward to trying out the Senior Railcards they won in February’s prize draw.
Lynnda Robson from Kenley is the lucky winner of two tickets to see the musical Rip It Up at the Garrick Theatre in London in our February prize draw. Read Lynnda's review
Eleanor Wasley is really thrilled to have won the February Alfa Travel prize. She has a trip in mind, and is excited at the thought of it.
Linda Walmsley from Dover is thrilled to have won the Eurocamp prize for up to four people in the January prize draw.
Mulligan from Bedford was over the moon to win tickets to see Emilia at the
Vaudeville Theatre in London’s West End.
2018 prize winners
- The Star Prize in the Silver Travel Advisor 12 Days of Christmas Draw has been won by Julia Hancock of Canterbury, who has a wonderful 3 night break with Forest Holidays to look forward to, staying in a two bedroomed Golden Oak cabin, complete with hot tub and log-burning stove.
'World War I Battlefields, A Travel Guide to the Western Front' from Bradt Travel Guides was won by Christine Jerome from Southam, Ian Anderson of Andover and Jacqui Gauld from Dundee.
In our 12 Days of Christmas December Draw, winners of lovely prizes for Days 1-11 featuring lavish hampers, cuddly reindeer and luxury backpacks have included Linda Gomez of Leicestershire, Lelia Stocks from Lancaster, Sara Hill of Kirby-in-Ashfield, Ann Goody of Malvern, Andrew Smith of Letchworth, Janet Babb of Farnham, Eleanor Wasley of Scunthorpe, Linda Fawcett of Keighly, Jackie Brown of Blandford St Mary, Pauline Sear of Exeter and Elizabeth Atkinson of London. Entries to win the big Day 12 Star Prize of a fabulous Forest Holidays break are accepted up until midnight on 31 December so do make comments to the Prize Draw page, add posts on Facebook, contribute a review or start a forum thread - the more entries you make, the better your chances of winning!
Stephanie Franklin Norwich, Hester McQueen of Edinburgh, Maureen Julian of London and Margaret Gallagher of Blackburn were among the lucky winners of a beautifully illustrated Kitchen Table cookbook, courtesy of our ocean-going and river-cruising partner, Viking.
Dean McKenzie from Upper Norwood in London impressed the judges with his story of a daring moment on his travels to Lebanon, and has won two tickets to see the RSC production of Don Quixote in the West End.
The HF Holidays November prize of a short walking holiday for two will be taken by Caroline Hutchings from Chichester who is looking forward to trying out new activities as well as walking.
‘Travels with Granny’ by Juliet Rix and Christopher Corr has been won by Joyce Willis, Jane Luce and Jennifer Nisbet.
Our October prize, a 5 day cycling holiday in the south of France from Cycling For Softies, has been won by an astonished Peter Dick of Grantown on Spey. He’s also really pleased!
David Westring of South Shields is very much looking forward to his Eurocamp holiday, worth £1,000, which he won in September.
Paul Green of Upwell in Norfolk had a wonderful surprise when he found out that he was the winner of our September prize draw with a fabulous holiday for up to 8 people in Corfu to look forward to thanks to our partners at CV Villas.
Janet Hicks from Guildford was the delighted winner of our Singapore Supper competition and enjoyed a fabulous Michelin starred meal at the Bluebird restaurant in Chelsea in October.
- The John Williams CDs from Classic FM were won by Elizabeth Kirkwood from Newmilns, Carmel McCormack from Cratloe in Eire, Branwen Edwards of Richmond, Pauline Sear in Exeter and Geoff Gibbs in Stevenage.
- London on Sea was won by Louise Hammond of Buckingham and Carol Yeend of Amersham.
- David Pritchard of Knutsford is very pleased to have won August’s Pierre & Vacances prize for up to 4 people.
- Ann Fraser is off on Just Go’s Waverley Paddlesteamer short break in London.
The adventurous winner of the July G Adventures prize for a tour to Morocco for two people is Cliff Oakley of Wigan.
Lynda Jordashe of Leicestershire will be travelling to Santorini to the ClubSolos resort there later this year, she was really happy to have won the June 2018 prize.
Barbara Fisher is over the moon to have won tickets for two to visit The Royal Yacht Britannia and a tasty cream tea onboard as well.
We have a lucky winner of a fabulous Saga Cruise to Germany’s Christmas markets in our Prize draw of everyone who voted in the 2018 Silver Travel Awards. Tony Bishop of Birchington in Kent can look forward to getting into the Christmas spirit on his Festive Hamburg sailing in December.
Philip Lewis of Shrewsbury is really looking forward to taking his May prize, a 3 day short break to Guernsey, from our partner at GuernseyTravel.com.
- Mrs Ann Allison from Malton in Yorkshire has won tickets to see the fabulous Oscar Wilde play, an Ideal Husband after nominating her husband Rog as her own ideal husband! Read a review about the play here.
- Ian Bate of Reading is highly delighted to have won the April prize – Trafalgar’s Treasures of France tour for 2 people.
- Our delighted February prize winner is Jan Webster from Staffordshire, she’s getting ready to stride out on an HF Holiday.
- Pam Ridgway from Fareham in Hampshire won 3 days free car hire with Avis and is looking forward to driving along the wild Atlantic coast of Ireland.
- Caroline Pratt of Poole, J. Arnold of Brixham in Devon, Christina Ning of Hanwell, Felicity Howard of Wormley in Surrey, Dave Wood of Sittingbourne in Kent and Robert Clark of Ealing all won complimentary tickets for the Viking Ocean Liners Exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
- William Hind of Cambridge is very much looking forward to his Thames Jet Rush trip from City Cruises, as is Marilyn Watkinson of Basingstoke. Two lucky winners!
- The lucky winners of the National Rail Friends & Family railcards plus train travel for 4 people are Pamela Moss from Newport, Hilary Leathley of Leeds, Neil Spurgeon from Fareham and Mark Johnson from the Wirral.
- Our January winner hails from Vancouver, Canada – Liz Dickinson is delighted to have won Eurocamp's holiday for up to 4 people.
2017 prize winners
Our winners in the Silver Travel 12 Days of Christmas draw:
- And the winner of our Star Prize of a fabulous cruise for two with Variety Cruises on Day 12 of our 12 Days of Christmas Draw is: Marie Langan of Bristol. Many congratulations Marie and we do hope you have a wonderful time in the Mediterranean later this year!
- The Day 11 prize of a Fortnum & Mason Hamper full of festive treats is on its way to our winner, Mrs Carole Green of York. The very best of the season to you and all our lucky winners so far!
- Our Day 10 prize of a case of 12 bottles of wine have been won by Norma Wood of Windsor - here’s to Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you and your family and friends Norma!
- The Day 9 prizes of two polar explorer-themed rucksack from Scenic have been won by John McInnes of Southampton, and Liz Hollington of Croydon. Well done and may 2018 be full of good exploring for both of you!
- Two lucky winners each have a gorgeous cuddly hedgehog and a flotilla of rubber ducks, courtesy of Forest Holidays, arriving in the post from Day 8 of our Christmas Draw - well done Ann McCartan of County Down and Christine Sunter from Kent.
- The super Inghams rucksack, stuffed with goodies on a Northern Lights theme, is the prize in Day 7 of our Christmas Draw and has been won by Mrs Eileen Weaver of Wilmslow.
- Winner of the mini-hamper full of delicious treats from the island of Jersey in Day 6 of our Christmas Draw is Mr Ian Bradbury of Stalybridge. Thank you Jersey Travel for this lovely festive prize!
- Our Day 5 winner of the Christmas Draw is Mrs Julie Watson of Caithness who has a super rucksack of goodies from Emerald Waterways winging its way to her, including rubber ducks. As Julie commented, Christmas Quackers!
- Winner of Day 4 in the Christmas Draw is Jackie Branch of London who has a ‘Wicked’ time to look forward to in 2018 with two tickets to see this popular musical, courtesy of Limitless Travel.
- Martin Endsor from Cornwall and Di Laurie from Nottingham are the first two confirmed winners in our Christmas Prize Draw and each have a bag of goodies coming to them in the post including a Buff neckwarmer, a 2018 Calendar and an ingenious wine-pourer courtesy of Hedonistic Hiking, plus a handy hook for keeping handbags safe and a notebook from our friends at Cruise & Maritime Voyages.
- The winner of Day 1 of the 12 Days of Christmas Prize Draw is Colin Wills of Bishop Auckland, who has a luxury luggage tag from Silversea plus a goodie bag from Alfa Travel arriving in the post soon.
The rest of 2017
- Sue Collier from Swansea has won our November prize of a Forest Holiday for up four people, she’s thrilled!
- Salfordian and Barney both won a copy of Brian Jackman’s Wild About Britain.
- Patricia Fletcher of Driffield and Norma Chapman from Sandbach both won a copy of Brian Jackman’s Wild About Britain.
- Robert Williams from Cheltenham and Jean Cassell from Barnsley, both won a MediPAL Medical ID Card Silver package in the November competition.
- Graham Brace of Braintree and Liz Stevenson in Irvine have each won a signed copy of A Cheetah's Tale by HRH Princess Michael of Kent.
- Gillian Green from Salisbury was thrilled to win the main October holiday prize which was a river cruise with CroisiEurope, and she and a partner will be cruising around Venice and its islands for five days in 2018.
- Our October prize winners included Ken Baines from Sevenoaks who won theatre tickets to see Everyone’s talking about Jamie in London’s West End.
- Lynn Stevens from Eastbourne was thrilled to be heading off to France to stay, with 3 friends, in a Pierre & Vacances self-catering apartment in France as the winner of our September 2017 competition.
- September prize winners for our Silver Travellers’ holiday survey are Kevin Young from London, Sue Bennett from Swadlincote, Tricia White from Taunton, Maureen Gillibrand from Seaham and Albert Knight from Ringmer. The magnificent Silver Travel goody bag, replete with goody toy, has been despatched to each of them. And £50 M&S vouchers were sent to a very delighted Mary Jordan from Pembroke Dock.
- Vera Hicks from Hythe in Kent was our lucky August 2017 holiday prize winner. She won a fabulous Shearings river cruise to be taken in September 2018 on board the beautiful A-Rosa Aqua departing from Nijmegen, the oldest city in the Netherlands.
- Patricia Ilett was thrilled to win tickets to see A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde, after she entered our competition in August. Her prizewinning favourite Oscar Wilde quote was "We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars".
- Our very pleased April winner, Ann Rowe from Plumstead, headed up to the Lake District in August for a Chapters Experience Holidays. Read her review.
- The winner prize of our July draw for the 4 night stay in Thessaloniki is Pamela Huggett from Folkestone, who has a super Greek holiday to look forward to.
- There are tuneful time ahead for the lucky Silver Travellers who won a copy of Classic FM’s Pop Goes Classical CD in the July draw. Winners included Ann Rowe from London, Anne Millington from Warrington, Maureen Lock from Worthing, Su Lake from Exmouth, Tina Hunt from Bromsgrove, Colin Wills from Bishop Auckland, Linda McCartney from Newcastle, Elizabeth Stevenson from Irvine, Mrs Susie Groom from Tavistock and Elaine Fitzpatrick from Manchester. Happy listening everyone!
- Mrs Isabel Copping of Ringwood won a 5-6 day break with Limitless Travel for herself and her husband, who she cares for. We hope you both have a wonderful time!
- Our two lucky winners of the double tickets to Go Ape were Lloyd Martin of Nottingham, who’s keen to show his grandkids that ’there’s life in the old dog yet!’ and Carole Mendham who said she though Go Ape would be 'such good exercise, just like our school days in the 50s’.
- The Premium Meet and Greet service from Your Service Centre Gatwick, which makes passing through the airport a breeze, was won by Janet Newton from Sidmouth.
- The June prize draw for an MSC cruise proved hugely popular and the totally thrilled winner was Shelia Sharp from Cockermouth in Cumbria.
- The two winners of our Azamara ship visit competition were Marie
Jefferies from Bristol and Pamela Southerden from Chatham. They have
each won a day out with a partner on board the Azamara Journey in
September 2017 in Southampton with wine and tapas.
- Lucky Silver Traveller, Mrs Pauline Southerden from Chatham in Kent, won two tickets to see The Mentor at the Vaudeville Theatre starring F Murray Abraham from Homeland.
- The winner of our May prize draw to win a fabulous week in Crete at the GK Beach, courtesy of Simpson Travel, was Christine Dodd from Chester who was very excited to receive the news. Read Christine's review.
- And over in the Silver Travel Book Club, the May prize winners were Sally Dowling and Mags Addison who each won a copy of The Little Theatre by the Sea by Rosanna Ley.
- Our very pleased April winner, Alison Trimble from Nantwich, will be heading up to the Lake District in August for a Chapters Experience Holidays.
Our March holiday prize draw had two winners: Graham Brace of Braintree in Essex won a four night midweek or three-night weekend getaway with three guests at a stunning woodland location thanks to Forest Holidays.
And Lynn Brown of Nottingham won a three night weekend break for two with Warner Leisure Hotels at any one of their stylish hotels in 2017.
- Our February prize draw to win a wonderful Enchanting Rhine river cruise including flights with AmaWaterways was scooped by a truly thrilled Ian Waugh from Dumfries.
- Lynnda Robson from Kenley is very pleased to have won the Premium Meet and Greet service for up to 4 people from Your Service Centre Gatwick, in partnership with Sky Break.
- Wallasey resident, Therese Irving is very pleased to be travelling to Croatia in September this year with Cosmos Tours & Cruises. She won our January prize draw.
2016 prize winners
Our winners in the Silver Travel 12 Days of Christmas draw:
- Congratulations to our winners in the Silver Travel 12 Days of Christmas draw: Steven Myatt from Redruth, Linda
Wilson from Lancashire, Elizabeth Player from Penzance, Julie Dickins
from Bournemouth, Colin Wills from Co Durham, Pauline Crosby from
Norfolk, Sue Galway from Wallingford, Linda Guest from Wednesbury, Clive Roylance from Letchworth, Eleanor Wasley of Scunthorpe and Graham Brace of Braintree - all won prizes kindly contributed by RHS Garden Holidays, Somak Holidays, Saga Holidays, Cruise & Maritime Voyages, Voyages Jules Verne, Grand UK Holidays, Classic FM, Wendy Wu, Scenic, and Forest Holidays.The winner of the Star Prize - an Indulgence day at Grayshott Spa in Hampshire - was Donna Milligan from Bedford.A big thank you to everyone who participated in the prize draw - we loved reading all your lovely comments!
The rest of 2016
- Rosemary Pratt from Maidstone was the delighted winner of an Inghams holiday for two people in the lovely Austrian resort of Lech in summer 2017.
- Elizabeth Player from Penzance is really excited to have won the November prize, the Romantic Rhine Tauck cruise for two, departing in May.
- Doreen Staton, who hails from Loughborough, is off to review The Bell Inn in the New Forest for us.
- Pauline Miles from Faversham came up with the best caption for the photo of Hilary Bradt and lemur, she received a copy of Hilary’s Slow Travel book ‘South Devon & Dartmoor’.
- Shirley Scott in Cambridge won the Guide to Self drive in Kruger National Park, she was delighted!
- Ann Rowe from London, Suzanne Taylor of Shoeburyness in Essex, Graham Gerrard and Len Chenery were all lucky winners and each won a set of golf balls in the October competition with Greens & Grapes.
Andrew and Elizabeth Geldart of Harrogate, North Yorkshire won the 6 Bottles of Medoc fine wine in the same Greens & Grapes competition.
- Denise Bridge from Ontario in Canada was the winner of a signed copy of A Wayward Spirit by Peter J Harris. Also available on Amazon.
- Dominic Davies of Bristol and Emily Fairhurst from Otterden have both won a copy of the fascinating book, The Big Cat Man by Jonathan Scott.
- Ginny Birtles of Crowborough is really thrilled to have won the September prize of a trip to Spitsbergen with Hurtigruten.
- August prize winner, Linda McCartney from Newcastle is very much looking forward to her visit to a Christmas Market with Shearings Holidays.
- Adam Bradbury from Redhill was delighted to win two tickets to see
Michael Crawford in the Go-Between – a perfect way to celebrate his
Dickins from Bournemouth was delighted to accept the July prize of a
week’s Mediterranean cruise with MSC Cruises. She couldn’t quite
believe her good luck and had to read our congratulatory email twice
just to be sure!
- Toni Eagle from King’s Lynn in Norfolk has won a Fred. Olsen mystery mini-cruise from our June 2016 prize draw. This will be the first time she and her partner have cruised and they are trying it out as an option for a future honeymoon. The cruise departs from Harwich in October, but who knows where it will be going!
- The winners of the day visit on board the Azamara Quest on 22 July 2016 are Helen and John Piper from Bexhill on Sea; Julie and Guy Dickens from Bournemouth; William and Jacqueline Arnold from Brixham in Devon. A wonderful day out for all and hosted by our Advisor, Alan Fairfax. See our Forum thread.
- The winner of the May prize draw to win a 5 night CroisiEurope river cruise from Honfleur to Paris in August 2016 is Mrs Rosemary Walsh from Southwold in Suffolk. She is very excited about her cruise and will be travelling with her husband David.
- Bee Hunt from Gillingham in Kent was 'thrilled' to win two tickets for Thriller the Musical, in our May competition.
- Susanne Baccini from South Croydon won two tickets for 'In the Bar of a Tokyo Hotel'. However, as the play has now closed, she is going to see 'How the Other Half Loves'.
- The April competition to win three £100 CEWE photobook vouchers was won by Jennifer Nisbet of East Lothian, Shane Cornie from Exeter and Mark Haward from Exmouth. The entries were judged by the team from CEWE who very much enjoyed reading all the contributions.
- David Thompson from Newton Abbot was delighted to receive our email telling him he had won a 4 day stay for two people at the Hotel Nikopolis in Thessaloniki. Read what he had to say on the Forum
- Louise Hammond of Buckingham and Norma Wood of Windsor both won copies
of Escape London in our April competition. Read their entries here.
Kate Nevinson from London won our March prize draw and a fabulous Solos Holiday to Mallorca in August 2016 and staying at the Es Nautico Suites in a Solos Resort. Read Kate’s fabulous review about her trip to Ethiopia
- Our March newsletter offered the chance for a lucky Silver Traveller to win two tickets to see Jenny Éclair starring in the touring production of Grumpy Old Women. And the winner was Miriam Cheeseman from Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire.
Susan Frost from Copthorne in West Sussex is the delighted winner of our February prize draw to win a cruise to Jersey and Honfleur with Voyages of Discovery in June 2016. She will be taking her 83 year old mother with her on this wonderful voyage.
- 2016 got off to a great start for Jill Austen from London who was the delighted winner of a Saga Maritime Heritage cruise in June, from Dover to France, and commemorating World War 1.
2014 and 2015 prize winners
Our December 2015 Christmas stockingOur Christmas stocking was choc-a-bloc full of prizes, and the lucky winners were:
- Martin Dove from Scarborough in North Yorkshire who won an Indulgence Day for two at Grayshott Spa in Surrey.
- Linda Carter from Reading and Gill Nickson from Albox in Spain won L’Occitane travel packs worth courtesy of river cruise specialist Uniworld.
- Madeleine Storer from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk won a copy of Great British Inventions by Gilly Pickup.
- Elaine Starr won cute rubber ducks
from Forest Holidays, and Eleanor Wasley
from Scunthorpe won even cuter little pandas from Wendy Wu Tours.
- Backpacks with water bottles courtesy of Simpson Travel were won by Ruth Riddleston from Ipswich and Leigh Carter from Guildford in Surrey, while Inghams offered a sturdy rucksack for days out which was won by John Pelling from Coddenham in Suffolk.
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages stylish notebooks and pens were won by Sandra Stitchell from Fishguard.
- A goody bag from Shearings including binoculars and a digital picture frame plus holiday vouchers were won by David Thompson from Newton Abbott.
- Bernard Short from Leeds won a sugar free biscuit hamper along with a £50 voucher from Adults Only Holidays.
- Simpson Travel’s Mediterranean Cookbooks were won by Janet Newton from Sidmouth in Devon.
- Margaret Bateman from Wigston, and Martin Kearsely from Bramley, Leeds , and another cookbook, Norway’s Coastal Kitchen from Hurtigruten was won by Janet Simon from Chaldon.
- Pauline Little from London and Shelley Grant both won products from the Eriis Sun range.
The rest of 2015
- The November 2015 prize draw was a successful one for Peter Godliman from Slough in Berks who won £1,000 of vouchers to use for a Viking River Cruise
sailing down one of the world’s great waterways. With 5 cruises already
booked for 2016, Peter is looking forward to trying Viking for the very
first time in 2017.
- Our second winner in November was Marilyn Peck from Clacton-on-Sea who won a 3 night weekend break for two at the fabulous adult only Warner hotel, Holme Lacy House in Herefordshire, in a stylish Signature room with beautiful gardens and grounds and great opportunities for trying out a wide range of activities such as fishing, tennis and croquet.
- Jennifer Nisbet from East Lothian, Yorkshireman Malcolm Lawrenson of Swanland and Geoff Graham from Beaconsfield have all won copies of A Journey through 50 Skylines of the World’s Greatest Cities.
- Bryan Fisher from Maldon in Essex won the October prize of a week’s holiday with CV Villas in Turkey. It was a very nice surprise for him as he and his wife Bella will be celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary in 2016, and he writes “what better way to begin that 'party' than some R and R in the sun?”.
- Phil Lewis, from Shrewsbury, has won the Archers Gastronomic Tour to Lake Garda. He’s busy preparing for the feats!
- Pauline Southerden of Chatham, Arthur Cross from Stockport and Michaela
Collins in Matlock have all won a copy of Carol E Wyer’s book Grumpies on Board. They’ll be smiling when they read it!
- Linda Milton
from Wigan is very excited to have won the MSC Mediterranean Cruise for summer 2016. She’ll be celebrating her wedding
anniversary on board.
- Liz Madden, Eleanor Wasley, Joyce Hopkinson and Brenda Mathews all won Inghams rucksacks and will be striding out with them very soon!
- Jo Carroll of Marlborough, Liz Gardiner of Caerwent and John Jones of Leicester have won a copy of Eccentric London from Bradt.
- David Westring of South Shields is the lucky winner of the Noble Caledonia
cruise around the Channel Islands and the Isles of Scilly. He got the
good news whilst on holiday and is very much looking forward to his
- John Jones of Leicester, Sandra Blickett of Ewell in Surrey, and Su Lake of Exmouth in Devon are all happy winners of sturdy but stylish Ramblers hold-alls, the perfect accessory for any trip, whether on foot or not (!) courtesy of Ramblers Worldwide Holidays.
- Dawn Melroy from Middlesbrough was thrilled to win a £350 voucher from Canvas Holidays, read Dawn's review and John Pelling from Coddenham Suffolk is looking
forward to his short break with Forest Holidays.
- Miriam Cheeseman from Hemel Hemptstead in Hertfordshire was thrilled to win two tickets to see DUSTY, the musical about Dusty Springfield.
- Liz Slade from Weymouth was thrilled to win May’s prize to a Luna Hotel in Portugal, with a 7 night self-catering stay for two people to be enjoyed at any of the 9 Luna Hotels & Resorts. Liz is a recently retired teacher so she says that the dates will be PERFECT (no children on half term!).
- Gill Owen from Ascot in Berkshire won a 3 night holiday for two at the newly opened 4* hotel ARCadia Hotel Budapest including breakfast. Her prize also included a sightseeing pass from the Big Bus Budapest and a lunch/dinner invitation from the PestBuda Bistro, 72hr Budapest Cards, entry to one of Budapest thermal baths and a Legenda boat trip on the Danube. Needless to say, she was thrilled.
- Maine Goswell of Pinner and Pamela Newman from Lightwater both won a pair of tickets to visit the Bombay Sapphire Distillery at Laverstock Mill in Hampshire and they are delighted!
- John Kirk of Manchester and Caroline Attwood of Welshpool are highly delighted to win a short break each in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Susan Tindale from north London was thrilled to win 6 bottles of Hungarian wine courtesy of Secret Vineyards. She is looking forward to sharing a few glasses.
- David Chamberlain from Leighton Buzzard won £50 of vouchers for Carluccio’s kindly offered by MSC Cruises. By coincidence he was in Sicily when he heard the news and had just seen an MSC ship passing by that day. He has also enjoyed two of their cruises.
- Linda Kerr of the north west of England won our March prize of a trip to one of International Vacation Home Exchange’s Prime properties.
- Angela Walton of Southport enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Town Hall Symphony Hall in Birmingham where she saw Michael Ball perform and she also received a signed copy of his latest CD.
- Charles Wiltshire from Poole is looking forward to seeing Grumpy Old Women in Wimborne with his wife. He won the tickets in March.
- Dennis Alexander of Ashford in Kent is the winner of our Interral by National Rail competition to win a Grand Tour of Benelux, travelling 1st class and with £1,500 towards hotel costs. Dennis will be travelling with his wife and 2 lucky grandchildren (out of a choice of 25!).
- February's prize winner Sue Machin from Barnes in West London is thrilled to be travelling to Casa Theodora in Corsica in June 2015, courtesy of Simpson Travel.
- Gill Nickson of Clyne in South Wales and Jo Walker of Seascale both won Bradt Guides to Sacred Britain from the special Silver Travel Forum February prize draw.
- The THRILLER LIVE tickets were won by Wendy Carter of Eastbourne who had the most fabulous evening at show and is now working on her Moon Walk!
- The year has got off to a great start with our first winner Annette Hall of Tamworth who is thrilled to accept the January prize of a week in Evora, Portugal staying at the five star Hotel M`ar De Ar Aqueduto.
Our December 2014 Christmas stocking
- Sallie and Robert Burrows from Ipswich won a week’s holiday at Sun Park Living in Lanzarote. They are looking forward to becoming Sun Rockers!
- Sally Hill from Kirkby in Ashfield, and Ann Bird from Shrewsbury both won fabulous Aloe Vera products from Forever Living.
- Penny Murchison from Whitstable is off to see The Play That Goes Wrongat The Duchess Theatre, London.
- Kathleen Macey is planning to enjoy her copy of Bus Pass Britain from Bradt Guides from her home in Lymington.
- Logo Grab, a fun, new game, is on its way to Margaret Davey in Ipswich.
- Wendy Harris of Bishop Auckland has won Articulate for Kids.
- Thelma Taylor of Southsea has won 2 tickets to the Bishop’s Palace in Somerset.
- The men’s Merrell walking shoes were won by John Smart of Dudley.
- Beryl Edwards from London has won a copy of Ships, Shoes and Maggiemou.
- Brian Herron, who lives in Brighouse, is very pleased with his year’s subscription The Oldie.
- Gosport’s Elaine Starr has won a copy of Bus Pass Britain Rides Again.
- Rosemary Springer from Norwich is very much looking forward to playing her prize: a game of Shout.
Steve Williams, who lives in Daventry, is looking forward to a year’s subscription of The World of Cruising magazine.
The rest of 2014
- Janet de Vries from Grays won two tickets for the Adventure Travel Show at Olympia in January 2015.
- Julia Hancock from Canterbury won a 3 night bed and breakfast holiday for two to Debrecen, in the east of Hungary, staying at the centrally located Hotel Lycium with use of the hotel`s wellness services.The prize also includes a thermal bath entry for two in the Aquaticum Mediterranean Thermal Bath, a sightseeing tour with a local guide and a dinner at Debrecen`s top restaurant, IKON.
- Elaine Fitzpatrick from Manchester won a 3 night holiday for two at one of Budapest`s most luxurious 5* hotel, at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest in superior room, including breakfast. The prize also includes a tailormade go-local guided tour with Underguide and a special lunch/dinner at the PestBuda Bistro. She also receives 72hr Budapest Cards, entry to one of Budapest thermal baths and a Legenda boat trip on the Danube.
- Gerri Tennant from Kidewelly won a 2 night stay for two in one of Europe’s top Health Spa Resorts, the Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget****Superior, with a half-board stay in an Executive room, unlimited access to the Premier Fitness Center and Spa and a 20 minute body massage! After all that relaxing, the prize includes a tasting menu, Chef's Table in the Gundel Restaurant, and a sightseeing pass from the Big Bus Budapest, as well as 72hr Budapest Cards.
- Caroline Bullen from Chichester was thrilled to win a 5 night bed and breakfast holiday for two at one of the stylish Luna Hotels in the Algarve, as well as a very special day out at the unforgettable Dolphin Emotions Experience offered from Zoomarine and a guided Nature Circuit in the Ria Formasa National Park with Animaris. Read Caroline’s review about her experience.Vilamoura, Portugal
- Janet Newton from Chard and Christina Hunt from Bromsgrove each won a copy of Travelling for the Over 60s by Timothy Blewitt, by entering our competition to complete this phrase: You are not a tourist, you are ... Read their pearls of wisdom as well as a selection of the best of the rest.
- Elinor Fisher from Nottingham is looking forward to choosing her next Viking, using the vouchers she won in the September prize draw.
- Sara Hill of Kirby in Ashfield is over the moon with her Blue Cruise win, she’ll be travelling along the Lycian Coast next May.
- Linda Mason from Surbiton won two tickets for the Age UK Carol Concert at St Paul’s Cathedral on December 18, 2014 with Joanna Lumley and Russell Watson.
- Nick Townley from Calne in Wiltshire was thrilled to win two 1st Class InterRail Senior Global Passes worth £660. He sometimes enters competitions for fun, but never expects to win anything, so this was a wonderful surprise. Nick will be writing about his travels around Europe for us.
- Brian Skingsley from Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire was delighted to hear the good news that he had won our September prize which is a week’s villa holiday in Corfu with CV Villas. He will be taking his holiday in May 2015.
- The winners of the Grandparents and Grandchildren Favourite Days Out are Lesley Beasant from Tadley in Hampshire, Shirley Ward from Cranham in Essex and Annette Hall from Tamworth in Staffordshire.
- Madeleine Storer of Bury St Edmunds and Jane Pendered of Biddenden are delighted to have both won a pair of tickets to ‘An evening in conversation with ... ’ at the Royal Geographical Society with Bradt Guides on 1st October to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Bradt Guides.
These lucky Silver Travellers all won a pack of Ooozu language cards – the perfect aid to clear communications when travelling overseas!
Judith Jackson from High Peak in Derbyshire, Bob Watt from Glasgow, Ian Fox from Garforth, Leeds, Maureen Wood from Bradford-upon-Avon, Margaret Millar from Largs, Susie Groom from Tavistock, West Devon, Terence Kelly from Tyne and Wear, Bev Allport from Driffield, East Yorkshire, Lizzy Dunn-Birch from Burgh Heath in Surrey, Laura Woodruff from Ripon in Yorkshire.
- Carol Linton from Longfield in Kent was “stunned” to realise that she had won the July prize of a Glacier Express rail holiday with Switzerland Travel Centre. She can’t wait to experience one of the most famous train journeys in the world!
- Sue Pickles from Carnforth in Lancashire won a fabulous digital photo frame courtesy of Holland America Line in our cruise survey. Sue was thrilled as she said that she rarely wins anything!
- Gail Oswald of St Leonards on Sea is very much looking forward to the 2015 MSC Cruise she won in June’s prize draw.
- June prize winner Patricia Leslie of Mitcheldean in Gloucestershire was delighted to find out on her birthday that she had won a seven night stay at a Siblu Holiday village in France. Her prize includes return ferry crossings with Brittany Ferries.
- Janet Newton from Sidmouth was lucky enough to win an Austrian holiday with Inghams; she was so pleased to be May’s prize winner. Read Janet's review of her holidays.
- Cunard selected a winner for the ship visit prize draw which took place in March. It was Paul Ambler from Ripon who had previously been part of a Cambridge University student group invited by Cunard to say goodbye to RMS Queen Mary in 1967.
- A copy of the Bradt Guide to Malta was won by Sandra Steinhart of Colchester in the May newsletter competition.
- John Halsey from Tavistock has been added to our Prizewinners’ Hall of Fame as the delighted winner of the April 2014 prize draw, a week at the 5 star Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel on the beautiful Portuguese island of Madeira.
- John Pelling of Coddenham won March’s prize and is very much looking forward to walking in the Loire Valley on his Headwater holiday.
- Michael Harrison of Liverpool is over the moon to have won February’s prize of a week in Turkey, with Simpson Travel.
- We started 2014 in style with not one but two holiday prize winners in January! Silver Traveller Irene Heald from Sheffield won a short break with gourmet dinner at the fabulous Black Swan Hotel in Helmsley, whilst Brian Fisher from Maldon in Essex was delighted to win a river cruise with English Holiday Cruises.
- Keith Mansbridge from Peterborough won the top prize of an award-winning Ragdale Experience Day at Ragdale Hall Health Hydro and Thermal Spa.
- A tasty Sri Lankan Cookery prize, with recipe books, spices and a £200 voucher for Telltale Travel was won by Joyce Williams from Walsall.
- Wireless Geemarc CL7400 headphones have been won by Martin Dove from North Yorkshire.
- The lucky winners of Susie Kelly’s fun filled travel novels are Deana Austin from Benfleet in Essex, Sallie Burrows, Su Lake from Exmouth and Janet Leng from York.
- Handy Dodo Travel Logs have been won by Vicky Ashley from Stockport and Louise Hammond from Buckingham.
- Tessa Bettridge from Cardiff and Jacqueline Hunter from Paisley are now the proud owners of hit of the season “Call the Midwife” Christmas CDs.
- Mosi-Guard and Zap It – the essential accessory for travels in warmer climes were won by Sandra Clarke from Coventry, Tony Russell from Reading, Tracy Percy from Wellingborough, Sandra Foster from Southport, Alan Hebden from Blackpool, John Smart from Stourbridge, Stephen Kaczmarczyk from Manchester, Samantha Grayson from Washington, Wendy Larkin from Solihull, Susan Preshaw from Workington, Ken Ashley from Stockport and Sandra Harrison from Coventry.
- White Hot hair products, perfectly suited to silver travellers on the go were won by Chris Baker from Stapleton, Carolyn Gowers from Reading, Denise Bridge from Regina, Josephine Walker from Seascale, Stephanie Warren from Milton Keynes and Rosina Garofalo from Sunbury on Thames.
- Alison Burns from Edinburgh won a fabulous villa holiday in Corfu at Villa Margarita, from CV Villas, in the November 2013 prize draw. Read Alison’s review
Tony Melroy from Middlesbrough is delighted to have won October’s prize to Cantabria in Spain, from Brittany Ferries.
Read Tony's review.
- Brian Mihldenstedt from London won a tour for two people around the BBC’s Broadcasting House.
- Bernard Short from Leeds was surprised and delighted to win a week’s holiday for two people at Sun Park Living in Lanzarote in our prize draw for August 2013.
Vivienne Cannell of Twickenham has won 2 tickets to take the Blue Badge Guided Tour of the Houses of Parliament.
Read Vivienne's review
- Caroline Bullen of Chichester, winner of one of our August prizes, stayed at the Bristol Hotel and had a wonderful time there. Read Caroline’s review
- Caro Hooper from Flintshire is very much looking forward to her break with Black Prince Narrowboats. She was very pleased to win this prize.
- Carole Tidball of Thurlstone is delighted that she'll be heading off to Malta later in the year, as our July prize winner, with Malta Direct Travel.. Read Carole's review
- Irene Field from Solihull was delighted to win a 3 day break at Combermere Abbey. She and her husband enjoy travelling all over the world, with their favourite holiday so far being a river cruise in Egypt. Read Irene's review
- Jeannette Linney from Reading is looking forward to a theatre break in London from Newmarket Holidays, she’s off to see a show and overnight in a 4-star hotel. Read Jeannette's review
- Ann Bird from Shrewsbury is absolutely delighted to be travelling to Kranjska Gora, Slovenia for a week, courtesy of Inghams.
- Lucky Sue Lake from Exmouth has won a week for 4 people at La Menantelierre in France, she’ll be staying there in September 2013. Read Sue's review
- Keith Daniels of St Helens is looking forward to his 4 night break with Forest Holidays, he’s ready for a relaxing time.
- Victoria Ashley from Stockport is heading off to Europe with a Canvas Holidays voucher for £300, she’s thrilled.
- Ian Waugh and his wife, Margaret from Dumfries were delighted to win a 6 night cruise on The Majestic Line visiting the Argyll and islands of Western Scotland. Read Ian's review
- Jill Castling from Usk in Wales, is very pleased to have won £500 of Noble Caledonia vouchers, she’ll be choosing her cruise soon!
- David Herson from Steyning will be soon enjoying a wonderful day visit on board the world’s largest ocean liner, the Cunard QM2.
- John and Ann Chatterley of Dunstable in Bedfordshire were the lucky winners of our February prize draw and will be jetting off to Italy to enjoy a superb 6 nights villas and gardens tour with Kirker Holidays. Read John's review
- Pamela Mykytowych from East Sussex won a copy of Customer Services for Tourism by Simon and Louise Hudson.
- Jacqueline Littlewood of Gravesend won the Mercurio Bike Travel competition for the book John Higginson's The Danube Cycleway: Donaueschingen to Budapest (Cicerone International Cycling), from January’s competition.
- Karen Taylor from Toton near Nottingham won a single seater driving experience at Castle Combe in Wiltshire, with expert tuition and then the chance to drive away herself!
- Romana Richards from Aberaeron in West Wales was the lucky winner of our January prize draw and will be departing with her husband on an AmaWaterways river cruise in Holland and Belgium. Read Romana's review
- A mid-week break at the lovely Riverside House in the Peak District was won by Paul Ambler from Ripon. Unfortunately Paul was not able to accept this prize which was redrawn and won by June Schofield from Grimsby.
- Ghislaine Codner from Devizes and Audrey Docherty from Aberdeen both won The Beginners’ Guide to Gardening.
- Debra Arck-Caunt from East Shilton and Louise Hammond from Buckingham both won The Beginners’ Guide to Walking
- Mike Corbett from Runcorn in Cheshire won a 12 month subscription to the Oldie magazine.
- Happy David Herson from Steyning is the winner of Canvas Holidays £300 voucher. Read David's review.
- John Pelling from Kedington in Suffolk won tickets to visit the Treasure Houses.
- Pamela Walker from Berwick-upon-Tweed won a Rabbies Coach Tour for two people.
- Mary Dullforce from Monmouth won the game, Pumpazing.
- Val Kinge from Liss in Hampshire won a villa holiday in Corfu with CV Villas which she will be taking with her husband Chris in September 2013. Read Val's review
- Michael Vigilante from Stockton in Teesside won a fabulous Star Clippers Mediterranean Cruise for 2 people departing from Barcelona in May 2013, and calling at Mallorca, Menorca, Monte Carlo, St Tropez and Marseille.
- Jo Walker from Seascale, Cumbria won the 5 day Turkey & Tinsel break from Grand UK Holidays. Read Jo's review.
- William Govan from Rotherham won a Great Little Breaks overnight DB&B break at Best Western Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa. Read Bill's review.
Ann Rowe from London won a 3 day short break at the 4* Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre with Solos Holidays
Read Ann's review.
- Lynne Humrich from Leicester won the New York Lipstick City Guide.
- Bryan Heap from Norwich won a Noble Caledonia Danube Cruise for 2 people. The timing of the cruise is perfect to celebrate his 36th wedding anniversary. Read Bryan's review.
- Julie Booth from Godalming won a 5* flight inclusive short break to Budapest with Regent Holidays.
- James O’Rourke from Northampton won P&O Cruises Commemorative Gifts.
- Eleanor Wasley from Scunthorpe won ELC vouchers worth £100.
- Faith Ransom from Derby won 2 nights B&B and a dinner at a Holiday Inn of her choice.
- Gillian Morris from Watford won 2 nights DB&B for 2 at the Marine Parade Hotel in Eastbourne.
- Esther James from Bridgend won a short break for 6 people at Hoburne Doublebois in Cornwall. Read Esther's review
- Zoe Duke from Portsmouth won a 2 night break at the Flackley Ash Hotel in Rye, East Sussex.
- Rosy Collis from Thornbury won an overnight break at the Crowne Plaza in Marlow, Berkshire.
- Ian Waugh from Dumfries won a 2 night break at the Black Swan Hotel in Helmsley in Yorkshire. Read Ian's review.
- Heather Sheppard from Croydon won a copy of The White Rose Way, by Paul Brown.
- Janet Newton, Sheila Evans, Sylvia Leaver and Eddie O'Carroll all won tickets to travel on the Swanage Railways.
- Paul du Plessis from Bromley in Kent won a short break for two people to Ghent in Belgium travelling by rail with Railbookers and Visit Flanders. Read Paul's review.
- Eric Goldsworthy from Kings Langley won two First Class rail tickets with First Great Western to anywhere in the UK (he is using them to visit an old friend in Plymouth).
- Helen Haynes from Bristol won a flight-inclusive Lakes & Mountains holiday to Austria with Inghams for two people but was unable to accept the prize due to personal reasons; it was redrawn and won by Christine Baker from Hertford.
- Mary Dullforce from Monmouth in South Wales won a 3 night stay for 4 people at Combermere Abbey Cottages in Shropshire. Read Mary's review
- Margaret Gaskell from Nottingham won a week's stay at Agapinor Hotel in Cyprus on a half board basis in the centre of historic Paphos.
- Keith Daniels from St Helens and Elaine Fitzpatrick from Manchester won tickets for the Holker Garden Festival.
- Shirley Grover from Worcester Park won Lulu’s Time Bomb products.
- Ian Waugh from Dumfries won a No.1 Airport Lounge pass.
- Christina Wilson from Plymouth won a stay at the Castleton Hotel.
- Carol Lockton from Dawlish won a my Travel Cash card.
- Bobbie Minthull from Berwick upon Tweed, Howard Myers from Welwyn and Christine Reid from Hemel Hempstead won VIP crossings with DFDS Seaways.
- Frances Fancourt from Great Bookham won a Kindle, courtesy of Journeys of Distinction.
- Valerie Gough from Newport won £1,000 of Viking vouchers.
- Martin Ball from Cheltenham and Val Kinge from Liss in Hampshire were the two winners of the Driveline Golf competition in January.
- Carol Lockton from Dawlish won a short break at the boutique Le Foulon hotel in Provence.
- Freya Boyesen from Poole won a villa holiday in Paxos with CV Villas.
- Eleanor Wasley from Scunthorpe won a 5 star Mediterranean walking holiday for 7 nights with Headwater.
- Vivienne Cannell from Twickenham won a ticket to a Valentine’s Ball, courtesy of singles holiday company Solos Holidays. Read Vivienne's review.
Lesley Jones from Birmingham won a luxury pampering stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Marlow, Berkshire.
Read Lesley's review.
- Jennifer Shapcott from Dartford won a weekend break for two at the Headland Hotel in Cornwall.
- Clive Norton from the Lake District won a weekend break for two at the Toorak Hotel in Torquay.
- Jean Smith from Liverpool won a weekend break for two at the Red House Country Hotel in the Peak District.
- Rose Pratt from Maidstone won an all-inclusive holiday to Turtle Bay in Kenya but was unable to accept the prize due to other commitments. The prize was redrawn and the winner is Kathryn McNicoll from Oxfordshire. Read Kathryn's review.
- Jennifer Lunn from Woking won a citybreak to Prague for two people with Regent Holidays. Read Jennifer's review.
- Liz Bryant from Maidstone won a Noble Caledonia Mozart River Cruise for two. Read Liz's review.
- Steven Aldridge from Essex won a fabulous Star Clippers luxury cruise for two in the Mediterranean. Read Steven's review.
- Dave Harcombe from Doncaster won a flight inclusive holiday for two to a four star hotel on Lake Garda with Inghams. Read Dave's review.
- John Edwards from St. Albans won a luxury villa holiday in Greece for two with CV Villas. Read John's review.
- Louise Hammond from Buckingham won a river cruise for 2 people with Ama Waterways. Read Louise's review.
5 people found this feature helpful