Age UK and Silver Travel Advisor
Here's what Steph Harland, CEO of Age UK has to say about Silver Travel Advisor:
"Since 2012, we've been working with Silver Travel Advisor to ensure that we offer the best quality travel information and advice for older travellers, as part of our focus to make the most of loving later life".
Our work with Age UK consists of a variety of different services:
- A range of articles and features which can be found in the Travel & Lifestyle section of the Age UK website.
- Articles, tips and suggestions for Age UK newsletters.
- Producing a range of mini-guides offered free of charge to Age UK users (Great British Free Days Out, Great British Gardens, Accessible Attractions, Days out with the Grandchildren, Advice for Single Travellers, Great British Breaks, Silver Travellers' Guide to Gatwick Airport, Active Breaks and Transport Tips). These can be downloaded or posted out.
- A free personal advice and information service provided by
our team of travel advisors, most of whom are retired travel personnel, whether
that’s researching stately homes for accessibility or making suggestions about
where and when to go away, what to see and what to avoid. Email [email protected]
- Working in partnership with Age International in fundraising
and other activities to support older people overseas.
- Formerly presenting the Silver Radio Show on The Wireless.
Our work with Age UK has clear objectives: to enable, encourage and assist older people
to travel more and to make the most of enjoying later life.