Welcome to our forums.
10 Posts

Where I live city life lends itself to pools of last night’s pizza puke adorning the streets near the night clubs,…early morning pigeons feed off it in abject delight…David Attenbourough could do a documentary …symbiosis of Ornithology and Urban Dweller etc…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I went to the toilet at Chester Cathedral the other day & some idiot had thrown a coke can down the toilet. The bin was only two feet away. Sadly there were no reports of lightening bolts striking anyone down.

Essex UK

Living between a Public house and Chippy (well they are about 150 yards either side I get more than my fair share of litter, Saturday morning is the worst day I must spend 15 minutes walking the side of my property picking up cans, bottles and wrapping paper from chips….

None gets wasted though, it all gets a rinse and then goes in the recycle bin…….Hate picking up cigarette butts though, and they always seem to be at the end of my drive for some reason…

Bedford

I’m right down on the smoking now- trying to use the e-cigs more- but I always have a little metal pill box in my pocket/bag, for the fag ends….
Jo.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Believe it or not that practice is more common than you think where I live…on rainy days I know of people who remove the soggy filter and papers then tray bake the tobacco to get it smokable again !

I don’t drop cigarette ends for the simple reason it’s an instant £80 on the spot fine if you do.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I meant in search of half smoked ones rather than your own which I am sure you don’t drop….

ESW
Scunthorpe

Oh really ESW !

Of course I do.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Do you pick up the tabs as well?

ESW
Scunthorpe

I’m quite good on this one though a little over zealous…cigarette packets in particular…the price they are now, for me it’s often fortuitous to pick them up in case there’s any left in !!

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Following on from jocap’s comments in another post about picking up litter along the sea front…

Do others get as incensed by litter. I know I do and am regularly seen out scouring the verge along the road and picking up litter. There is another lady who works the other end of the road but no-one seems to bother. It amazes me how some people can ignore the crisp packets or cans dropped in (or that have blown) into their front gardens.

We have a sixth form college near by and you can follow the trail of litter left by the kids at lunchtime. If challenged they look at you as if you have come from another planet.

Thank goodness for people like jocap otherwise we’d disappear under a sea of litter.

ESW
Scunthorpe
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message