Welcome to our forums.

Car Boot Sales

If I had a gripe about being a seller it would have to be that people wont let you set up your stall before they attack your boxes of goodies, frightened someone else may get their pick first I guess…….

Ooh tell me about it…we used to get ’em diving into the boot…a lot of them were traders themselves who came first thing , intending to rip you off and sell on at a higher price.

Learned some useful tips though, like putting down a dog bowl full of water: guaranteed to drag their owners over to the stall in the summertime ! I did contemplate once putting out a rack of ribs…

Oh and take packed lunch & flask to reduce outlay…the lure of the burger van after standing there for hours is often too much…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

The good old car boot, It used to be my Sunday morning escape until a few years ago, I have picked up many great bargains and I still visit them on occasions when I’m looking for something I don’t want to buy new.

In fact anything that involved other people junk I am fascinated with, many millionaire have been made with others junk, unfortunately I’m not one of them..

Last year I decided I would do another one as a seller and was very pleased I did, apart from clearing some space in my garage and having a most enjoyable morning, I came home with £163 in my pocket that I never had before I went, may do another this year – plenty more junk in the garage.

If I had a gripe about being a seller it would have to be that people wont let you set up your stall before they attack your boxes of goodies, frightened someone else may get their pick first I guess…….

Bedford

What’s your take on them ? As a young ‘un I used to spend my pocket money in them as a sort of weekend escape from the hullaballoo of commercial life. In later life, I’ve actually run them ( well, had a stall…selling off all that junk I accumulated over the years) and quite enjoyed it – learned a lot too.

If anybody is thinking of doing one I can write up a Ten Top Car Boot Tips thingy if you like…

Do you do them as either customer or stallholder ? What were your experiences ?

Wakefield, West Yorks.
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one