Welcome to our forums.

Alvaston Hall Hotel - Nantwich

Stayed there in 1985!! I wonder if it has changed in the last 26 years? Sounds like you had a good time David. What was the food like?

Good point Alan, I don’t know how I missed that out from the review anyway the food on the whole was pretty good, a good selection for breakfasts, all the usual item’s. (recommend the kippers).

Dinner menu consisted of two items from the carvery or a choice of five items prepared while you wait, there were also two different vegetarian items each evening……The starters were excellent and well presented as was the deserts. I had a Sweet and sour chicken dish one evening….with no visible chicken in it, this was sent back and replaced with one with chicken, apart from that the meals were good – not the best i the world but palatable never the less……Recommend the Fish Pie – excellent..

David

Bedford

Stayed there in 1985!! I wonder if it has changed in the last 26 years? Sounds like you had a good time David. What was the food like?

London

Alvaston Hall is a half-timbered Victorian country house five minutes from the old Cheshire riverside town of Nantwich, and close to the splendid cathedral city of Chester.

Alvaston has an exclusive nine hole EGU standard golf course* and a 250m bay floodlit driving range* which appeared to be used frequently during our stay.

It also has many indoor and outdoor facilities for you to enjoy including a pool, sauna and spa area’s.

At Alvaston Hall they do their best to make your evening special, and in their unique cabaret diner, after you have enjoyed a leisurely dinner, the evening’s entertainment will unfold in front of you. On our four day short break there was live entertainment every night, and breakfast, three course dinner and accommodation all included in the price.

One of the many area’s where you can sit with a book and enjoy a coffee or even something stronger should you so wish…

Our accommodation was in Grove House, adjacent to the main building and very nice it was, very clean and comfortable and with a good standard of decoration and with all the usual facilities you might expect.

Customer service……….Was excellant
Hotel cleanliness……… Could not fault, hotel better than expected.
Quality of room……….. Didn’t go for the best available, but well pleased with our room.
Family friendly………… As long as you don’t take children – Adults only hotel.
Wheelchair friendly…… Access to all places within the hotel – very good.

Not one of our favourite Warner hotels but certainly one which we would visit again if the price was right.

David

Bedford
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message