Welcome to our forums.

Cruise Ship Visits for 2017

10 Posts

@plymouthunijb wrote:

I hope that you will help me with this study and look forward to your questionnaire responses

Are you organising cruise ship visits for the over 50’s as part of your BSc? I’m sure you’d get lots of information in discussion with the participants

Last Edited by Albatrail at 17 Feb 14:24
Scotland

My name is James Brincat, I am BSc Cruise Management student at Plymouth University (UK) currently undertaking my honours project. I am conducting a study regarding the changing perceptions of the over 50’s towards cruising as a vacation style.The study will look at how perceptions of the cruise industry have changed and developed to what it is currently today for people over the age of 50.

The results of the survey will be very beneficial for the cruise industry as there is a current lack of research in this field. If published this honours projected will be viewed by major cruise lines within the industry to get an understanding of the over 50’s current perception of cruising and what they can do to improve their service for this demographic.

An opportunity to take part in this research study is currently available, by completing a very short questionnaire you will be assisting in benefiting the cruise industry, by gaining valuable data to improve services, and also myself with my honours project.

The questionnaire has been fully approved by Plymouth University data protection team and will not be used for any other purpose that this research project, it is entirely anonymous and ask’s no personal information what so ever.

I hope that you will help me with this study and look forward to your questionnaire responses, This hyperlink will take you to the questionnaire : https://plymouthbusiness.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ea4ZKrRP8xkHRml

Kind Regards,

James Brincat (BSc Cruise Management)

Cruiser54 wrote:

please do apply. Ship Visits in Scotland are infrequent and we still have some places available for Serenissima.

I’m still putting together the 2017 diary, waiting on some dates then I’ll know if I can go or not.

Scotland

Hi
I am the Ship Visits Coordinator.
@albatrail please do apply. Ship Visits in Scotland are infrequent and we still have some places available for Serenissima. I am coming up from Berkshire, to meet some of our Silver Travellers, and she is a very nice little vessel.

Berks

Welcome @Suspect to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Essex UK

A good idea as you can check out the facilities and cabins before you book

Essex

We love ship’s visits and find them very interesting. Problem for us is that they are mainly in Southampton. We have been on a Celebrity and HAL ship’s visits in Liverpool and also Edinburgh.

Wigan

Serenissima – that is the good old Harald Jarl.

We had three marvellous trips on her up the coast of Norway, spending all our time on the deck wings watching the scenery. I’d also be tempted to visit for old times sake but getting to Largs is a non-runner…

ESW
Scunthorpe

I think you’re right, they give a good insight to what the ship might be like to cruise on and have always been very popular with Silvertravellers.

Essex UK

I think these cruise ship visits are so useful for people considering a cruise but wanting to visit the ship first. In recent years, ship visits have both convinced me to sail and also convinced me not to !

With Serenissima appearing on the list @ Fairlie, I’m very tempted to visit this ex.Hurtigruten ship, just looking at the diary though.

Scotland
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message