Welcome to our forums.

Things furry & feathered around the world

A cheeky Squirrel in the gardens of Kensington Palace.
Is this what they mean by “Royal Scots Greys”?

You are too kind….. I must be paying you too much!! @Barrowman

Can you just assume in future that I think all you photos are brilliant, this will save me from having to keep saying it every time you post a new one…..

And your right about the Serpent Eagle – a surprised look for sure.

Bedford

And….on the subject of eagles, we caught this Crested Serpent Eagle by surprise….you rarely catch them drinking….it looks at though he’s been caught doing something he shouldn’t be doing.

I can’t compete with Canada Goose shots……lots of detail in the feathers, so you got the exposure very well.

But, how’s about two of my favourite birds from across the water……both are from the Indian subcontinent in different national parks, but truly wild obviously….one is an immature Whited Headed Eagle fairly rare, and the other is a particular favourite, the Changeable Hawk Eagle….both are about the size of a large buzzard

Can’t compete with you GDB……..

Bedford

Thanks @GDB1

Essex UK

What handsome little creatures ……they look quite put out don’t they….. some well captured images there @coolonespa

Some more great stuff @GDB1

I’m going to slide down the food chain and show some colourful & sinister looking crabs from the Seychelles:

Essex UK

I take that as a great compliment @ESW ….remember I have seen your website!

Assuming that some of our fellow travellers do share a little of my passion for wildlife, I thought a few ‘feathered pairs’ might be interesting……

The first one is Indian Roller Birds…they are fairly common throughout India and do seem to pose a little but two together are more unusual

The next is a pair of Guira Cuckoos in a South American forest….. they part of a feeding group a quite some distance away…these two were the only ones who would sit still for a moment

and the final one is a pair of Monk Parakeets quite high in the underside of a tree…..not sure if one was feeding the other, or whether they were just getting together!…..the exposure and focus was quite difficult on this one

Sign in to add your message