Welcome to our forums.

What are you up to today.......

Been for a walk around the local park this morning, bit nippy but a nice walk. Just finished cleaning the house windows, again nippy. Off to my local DIY store this afternoon to buy paint….

Bedford

Where are you going that you need malaria tablets, certainly not the UAE.

London

Barrowman wrote:

Housework today – sounds like fun, must do it more often….

Did the same yesterday preparing for friends to arrived, very much a necessary evil. Add to that being led a merry dance to get the right Malaria tablets & yesterday was best forgotten.

Friends arrive after my gym session this morning, so we can relax & enjoy the fruits of yesterdays labours.

Essex UK

enjoy your relaxing moment
wonder who will wander down to the watering hole while you watch …

London

Today I shall sit and look at the lake. I’m knackered after a few days in remote Malawi, in the company of snakes and leopards!

Housework today – sounds like fun, must do it more often….

Bedford

Thank you kindly.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Grey-Wolf wrote:

’m packing also for a different reason… back in hospital next week.

Hope it all goes well @Grey-Wolf and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Essex UK

A few repairs around the house and the garage with just a smidgen of shopping thrown in for good measure….

Bedford

Writing my ‘Dunkirk’ review.

London

Grey-Wolf 16:59 14-Jan-17 #1991
I’m packing also for a different reason… back in hospital next week.

Hope all goes well for you GW, be thinking of you….. :

Me, today we’ve been visiting three of our grandchildren…..

Bedford

Grey-wolf I hope everything goes ok at the hospital; and you are not in there too long.

North Northumberland

different set of requirements for that one ~ probably no need for black tie!
whatever it is, i hope it all runs smoothly for you grey wolf
… and if you get internet access, could lead to some “interesting” what are you doing today posts

London

I’m packing also for a different reason… back in hospital next week.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

happy packing cruzeroqueen!

London

Sorting everything out in preparation for packing tomorrow for forthcoming cruise (leave here Tuesl). On a Forum Roll call, one lady posted
that she was taking 28 day and 28 evening dresses (shock, horror!). As I’ve a only 23kg baggage allowance,I’ll be using the laundrette, and wearing outfits more than once!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Going to have a look at wifi connected electrical sockets to see if they’re better for turning your lights on and off when you’re away from the house.

Then out to a friends for his Birthday dinner.

Essex UK

Nothing outside – to cold, just a few little jobs indoors….

Bedford

Yoga class.

London

I need to make sure I have all the right stuff in the car for this sort of weather, shovel, blanket etc. Then I need to pop into town for a few bits, otherwise there’s plenty to do indoors in the warm.

Essex UK

Dunkirk Conference in Lille.

London

A bit of shopping this morning then a walk in Ampthill woods before it started raining and having to beat a hasty retreat back to the car – so much for my four mile walk today…

Bedford

A haircut, then a bit of shopping to do. After that there are a few things around the house that need fixing, putting up etc. so I’ll get them done.

Essex UK

I’m going to visit a local village today. They are just beginning to see the potential of tourists visiting villages, so they are apparently looking forward to me coming. It could be quite an occasion! (And I have plenty of balloons with me, so at least the children will be happy!)

RMPA meeting then an early night for an equally early start tomorrow morning to get the Eurostar to Lille.

London

Driving range this morning knocking a few balls up the fairway, lunch, then a walk around the Millennium park just outside Bedford – home and then removing all the mud from my boots…..yuk….

Bedford

Gym this morning, then doing a spot of writing and chasing Thomas Cook on the progress of my complaint.

Essex UK

Booking flights to UK for forthcoming cruise from So’ton (28 days round trip to Carib.).

Typhoid booster for a trip later this year.

Essex UK

Yoga class.

London

This morning I have electricity (but I’ve no idea how long it will last) and an internet connection! So I’m getting emails done. And this afternoon I’m going to ride a horse across an African mountain. I say ride, I shall sit on it and admire the view.

coolonespa wrote:

lonespa
18:15 07-Jan-17

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

a boiled egg and soldiers

Wooooah, steady on Gill
75945 81817
coolonespa
Essex UK

Only half a regiment………………….

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

a boiled egg and soldiers

Wooooah, steady on Gill

Essex UK

Thanks @coolonespa, @Fossil and @Barrowman. I’ve finally turned the corner and last night had my first solid meal for a week – a boiled egg and soldiers (I know to live!), and feeling much better today – another couple of days and I’ll be swinging from the chandeliers!

Last Edited by Cruzeroqueen1 at 07 Jan 17:01

Get well soon Gill.
Meeting friends at the gym. Chauffeuring the wife about.

London

Get well soon Gilly baby….

Me – into town for a few essentials and then dinner at Wetherspoons newly refurbished hotel restaurant….

Bedford

Thanks, @pink, @JoCarroll, @PamWNorth, and @coolonespa. No, not the chest this time, @pink, but something similar to norovirus, I reckon (just my diagnosis!), But with a weakened immune system, things hit me harder than most.. I’ve finally started eating a little soup and feeling more human, but still sleeping 13-16 hours a night. I’m sure a couple of days will see me right, now.

Decorating a bedroom…….

Bedford

Dentist, Hygienist and then drinks at the Princess Cruises press get together and announcement in London.

London

Oh dear Gill, I hope you recover soon. We’ve all had colds/flu straight after Christmas and it just seems to be dragging on, quite hard to shake off.

The cupboards are at last a little bare, so off to the supermarket to fill them up again, but I’ll try for some healthier stuff than our Christmas fare

Essex UK

Have a wonderful time Jo and I will be following your blog. Hope you are feeling better soon Gill.

North Northumberland

I hope you’re mending very soon, @Cruzeroqueen1

Me – I’m packed. An afternoon flight tomorrow, so I don’t have to get up at sparrowfart. But will no doubt be awake and itching to be away by sunrise!

is it “an exacerbation” cruzeroqueen?
hope you’re on antibiotics if the bug’s reached your lungs
wishing you get well soon anyway

London

Haircut, shopping, getting laptop cleaned and updated.

London

Not a lot – again. I have what is euphemistically known as a ‘24-hour bug’, but this is day 5!

pink wrote:

oh, the joys of (grand)parenthood!

Indeed, and I thought my days of sleepless nights & nursing sick children were over Love the poem.

Essex UK

thursday! as in, the day after tomorrow!! i’m surprised your level of excitement allows you to breathe, let alone click the word “lists”. i’m going to get in an early(?) bon voyage!!! hope you have a truly wonderful time, and look forward to reading your blogs whenever you get a moment (in simultaneity with internet connection).
enjoy!!!!

London

So glad she’s ok, Steve.

Me – I’m tackling the lists. And I think I might actually get it all done before I leave on Thursday!!

oh, the joys of (grand)parenthood!
and thanks to the powers that be, that this one seems to have ended happily ~ and i’m guessing granddaughter will barely remember why everyone is being so solicitous today
i am reminded of an a.a. milne poem (about sneezles and ptheezles) which ends with the line:
“the look in his eye seemed to say to the sky, ‘now, how to amuse them today?’ "

London

Great news – Steve @cooloespa – I’m sure it was a one-off and she’ll be fine now.

2002 Posts
Sign in to add your message